Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A perfect day in Tipperary  (Read 4199 times)
Maggie
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:37AM »

As I said in my previous post (in "A confirmed rumor") there is more to the story of Jill, the horse I was riding in those photos.
She belongs to my friend Josephine. When I got to her house on Saturday 18th April it was a beautiful day, and with another lady we were going to ride three of Josephine's horses. Josephine asked me if I would exercise Jill (her show name is Glenbane Lady) as she was competing in a show jumping competition the next day, and she needed a work-out.
Of course I said yes, and we got along great. When we got back, Jill was let loose on the front lawn, to crop the juicy grass.
Josephine's lawnmower was broken, so she used her "ride-on mower"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Later I went out and groomed her mane and tail, making it nice and shiny.
Sunday morning after Mass, I went to the show jumping site, the competition was organized by the Devil's Bit Riding Club and indeed the famous mountain made a majestic backdrop to the scene.
Josephine was riding Jill, and they got through to the final round.......I just knew they were going to win, AND THEY DID!
I was amazed and delighted when Josephine presented me with the 1st Prize Rosette.....she said if it wasn't for me she would not have won......very kind of her, but I know they would have won anyway.
It was the perfect end to a wonderful day in a beautiful place.
I was stopped by Security at Shannon Airport, because the rosette had a metal hook in the back, and was in a transparent bag with a horseshoe. I pleaded with them, saying it was a special souvenir, and they let me carry them through.

The scene at the Devil's Bit Riding Club Show jumping:

Jill (aka Glenbane Lady) is the Winner - with a little help from Josephine!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:59PM by Maggie » Logged
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:29PM »

That was so cool that she gave you the medal! Glad security let you carry it through! Cheesy

Beautiful photos....everything looks so green. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Sorgi

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 03:42PM »

All that green reminds me of Highway 49 (CA 49) in the Spring.

-Dan

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 07:15PM »

Good going Maggie. Glad you got to keep the award without having to beat up a security guard.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
BlueFawn

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:02PM »

How nice!  Sounds like a positively perfect trip!

Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 09:03PM »

Very nice.  Sounds like you had a wonderful time.  Smiley

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: