Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dundalk FM Radio show with The High Kings  (Read 7166 times)
Charlie Brock

« on: October 29, 2008, 10:15AM »

On Monday morning at around 10:00 our time, Padraig Quigley (Presenter) for Dundalk Community Radio did a two hour talk show with the The High Kings. Dundalk is halfway between Dublin and Belfast, and the radio station has been a huge supporter/promoter for the Kings.
The recently completed USA tour was a big part of the show, but much time was also devoted to each of the four Kings and their families and background. You will also hear some news about the group as they head into 2009, and the plans for new music.
The High Kings are fantastic musicians who love the American concert venues and the fans. We had awesome times with the Kings in Boston with Kathy and Joe (best friends and fabulous hosts), and in Pensacola and Dallas (last USA show).
The lads can certainly benefit from the support in America and are eager to give us all the Irish music and showmanship that the lassies have with Celtic Woman. I'm happy that David Downes and Company recognized the huge opportunity for a male singing group and the addition to the success that Celtic Woman already enjoys. The pool of musicians with CW Ltd will enhance the future for both groups, and provide new musical dynamics to entertainment that's already topped the charts....That's the Irish way. Continually improving on what we all think is PERFECT already...!
We all love our Celtic Lassies, but there's tremendous satisfaction and excitement, to get sincere hugs and hand shakes from the sons of so many Irish Legends... I for one remember the early days of Celtic Woman and how accessible they were for the fans on the internet and after the shows. The Kings are sharing that excitement all over again and truly looking to America for the same level of success. We will come through for the lads, and they will be "The High Kings"....forever, with your suppport!
Please take a little time to enjoy the chat with Brian, Martin, Finbarr, Darren and Padraig Quigley with Dundalk FM. You'll come away with a nifty perspective, a new appreciation for the roots of Irish music and some personal remarks that are hilarious.
I enjoyed the entire Padraig/King show as much as a live concert with the Kings....You will too.
Slánte...Charlie Brock

Thanks to Padraig Quigley with Dundalk FM Radio for making the show with the Kings possible. Join Padraig on My Space, and he will provide some unique Irish music history, news from "The High Kings" and "Celtic Woman", and fantastic music of all sorts. Padraig is an incredible Spokesman/Presenter and DJ... High Kings hats off to this gentleman and FRIEND..!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=377551149&blogID=444221999
nbrock

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:41PM »

Cheesy
This interview with The Kings was so much fun...almost like having a chat with the 4 of them in your living room!  And Padraig is great!

It's also soooo cool to hear the US fans like Katie, Ruth, Timi & Marsha interacting on an Irish radio station!  And Caz in England too!  Amazing how this brilliant band has brought all of us together. 

They also do a few songs, including "The Fields of Athenry" - one of my all time favorites!  It's worth the listen just for that!  Check it out!
 Cheesy
Norma
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:04PM »

Thank you both for your posts and your enthusiastic endorsement!   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:03AM »

It was an incredible 2 hours!!!!!! I was at the office listening and DARED anyone to mess with me that morning! Darren, Brian, Martin, and Finbarr (yes even Padraig) were on top of their game - the stories were amazing! Martin was such fun to listen - he had me laughing several times and in tears a few more!! The stories the 'Kings' (I just can't call them lads any longer....as they are true friends and show character of the "royal" blood line they represent) told were...well...some were enlightening; some were sad, but very touching (Darren shared a nice personal journey); funny...not HILARIOUS!

The music was, yet again, over the top. They never cease to amaze me with their talents! Fields of Athenry, which I did request for Marsha, Norma, and myself, was beautiful - I had tears rolling down my cheeks...so moving!!!

As Norma said, they did make mention of some of us supporters which was really cool (what she didn't tell you is they also mentioned Norma and Charlie as well!!). There is a story told of a little girl named Shannon who was given a tin whistle and already had learned 4 songs...can you guess who that is?Huh (I'm not a proud mum, am I??)

Anyway, Charlie has given you all the link to the blog where you can download the interview. PLEASE go check it out. It is well worth the listen!! I have enjoyed the interview time and time again and hear something new and exciting every time!

Hugs to you all! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: