Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darren's Blog  (Read 103079 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 05:42PM »

Merry Christmas and much love for a happy 2009

Hi everyone,

The holidays season is in full swing, and santa is getting ready for the big journey yet again!

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry and peaceful Christmas and a wonderful and happy 2009.

You have all been great to me and the guys during the year and it never goes unnoticed.

Thanks a million for that!!

Here's to what is shaping up to be a mamoth new year for The High Kings, with lots of surprises along the way.

There will also be quite a few new songs of mine appearing also, both here and elsewhere during the year, so I am excited about that!

By the way, if any of you caught Oprah's 'Great Big Giveaway' show this year, you would have heard a lot of my material during the show.

Cheers Oprah!

Have a great Christmas everyone!!

Darren.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 09:39AM »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Brand New Song!

Hey there, hope 2009 is great so far!! I have uploaded a brand new Holden/Dunphy demo called "Send You All My Love". I have always felt that you will always connect with the one you love no matter where they are in the world, and that's what this is about. For some reason, each time I hear it, I think of the families separated by war, with their loved ones going off to battle and the sacrifices made. It was produced by the fantastic and talented Ewan Cowley, who did a fine job indeed. Hope you like it!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 05:32PM »

New Dublin Dates

Hey you guys! Well.....you knew about them first! Sorry I couldn't let you know earlier, but hope to see loads of you back for 5 great shows! Lots going on, writing like a fiend and loving it! Connecting with so many old friends in the process, good fun. Saw a re-run of the Oprah show that had my songs on there the other day. Bit of a thrill that one. Who knew. Hey, I met a talked with Joe Esposito, Elvis' tour manager for the 1970's on Sunday night last and indeed got the pic. Turns out, Joe loves the High Kings and saw us on PBS. What a cool guy, and of course I was on cloud nine chatting to yet another member of the Memphis mafia. I will post the pic asap. Till then, Be safe and well. D

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 09:28AM »

Itunes download top 100 album and singles chart!

Hey everyone, Just had a heads up from Itunes that The High Kings album is in the top 100 album download chart worldwide this week, and also 7 tracks from the album are in the singles chart! Not only that......My debut album "Suddenly" has also appeared on top 100 chart more than 10 years after its release!! The second single from that album "Don't give up on us" has also entered the Top 100 singles download chart this week! Bizarre.....ya never know!

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 07:47AM »

New King on the Block!!!!!

So, I took my sister to the New Kids on the Block concert in Dublin last night. About halfway through the show, Donny Wahlberg talked about how this time round there a lot of guys in the house. The roving onstage camera then picked me out of the crowd and I eneded up on a 50 foot screen on stage!!!!! It took mortification to a whole new level. The more I tried to hide, the more it found me. I was up there for at least a minute whle the guys were telling me to get it on with my woman. My sister was shouting no no no thats my brother!! ha ha ha Great night though.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 12:40PM »

2 songs uploaded

Hey folks,

After quite a few mails requesting something from "Movin Out'", I have uploaded "Shameless " "from 2005. I thinks its from a show in Kansas.
There are so many shows in storage that were recorded for various reasons, that it would be impossible to go through them all, so I hope that this is cool for now. I will get round to putting some more tracks up soon.

Also uploaded is the B-Side to my second Top 30 single back in the day."Don't Give Up on Us"
Its called "Livin' Without Your Love". Its very much a 90's pop sound so hope you like it.

Other than that....writing tons and lovin the creative surge at the moment!

Check back in soon.

Best,

D

jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 11:19PM »

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Rehearsals and All Ireland Talent Show appearance this Sunday on RTE 1. 6.30PM!
Well,

We are well into rehearsals this week for the new dates in March, and so far things are going really well.

There are new songs, re-working's of old song's and album tracks, and more than a few surprises!!.

Let's just say we are busy.

Sunday, we will be appearing on The All Ireland talent show on RTE 1 Television.
The show will air at 6.30pm.

Hope you are all doing well.

All the best,

Darren,
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 11:20PM »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God Help Us!
Hey.

Martin and I have been confirmed to appear on the infamous RTE 2 chat show "Podge and Rodge" on March 2nd.

For those of you who are not familiar with the show, it is hosted by 2 puppet brothers who live together in rural Ireland who try to verbally destroy each guest who comes on.

Are we scared? heck yeah!

God knows what might happen or what they dig up.

Look them up on You Tube and try not to be too shocked.

Oh and...please pray for us!

All the best,

Darren.
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 11:21PM »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Darren Holden Movin' Out Omaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjKQBSrjuKU
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 11:22PM »

Darren Holden Movin' Out Oklahoma City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnxkbubUfFw
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 11:23PM »

Darren Holden Movin' Out Minneapolis_3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yheM2z5ghKY
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 11:24PM »

Darren Holden Movin' Out St Louis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KK68gFnhBE
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 11:25PM »

Darren Holden Movin' Out Kansas City_2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQZvxwgYhow
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 11:26PM »

Darren Holden Movin' Out Minneapolis_2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RadhJy7Cqzg
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 11:12PM »

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Aras on Uactarain appearance!!
Hey all,

Tomorrow night we have the pleasure of a private performance for our President Mary Mcalese at her house.

It is quite an honour and we are thrilled and excited!!

Rehearsals are full steam ahead every day and we are growing more confident with each one.

martin and I survived Ballydung manor and indeed were endorsed by the grusome twosome at the end!!! A Rare feat!

Thats it for now.

Best,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: