Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THK Pre-tour Contest  (Read 13349 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: August 10, 2008, 06:01AM »

As promised, we're doing a new contest in conjunction with the HK DVD chat and the start of their fall US tour.

Here's the details.  There will be two prizes awarded.  The second place prize, drawn first, will be a copy of THK's brand new US tour program - the same one sold at their concerts.  The grand prize will be a copy of their CD, signed by all four of the High Kings!  And the winners will be selected by - drum roll, please - Darren Holden!

You must be a member of the High Kings official web site and correctly answer one question.  Here is the question:

In the members gallery, there are two photos of the boys performing in front of an Irish music store.  What instrument is Martin playing in both those photos?

Please send me your answer via email at rich@thehighkingsforum.com by MIDNIGHT EASTERN TIME ON FRIDAY, September 5, 2008.  Put "THK Chat Contest" in the subject line.  We will hold the random drawing to determine the winners in the CW chat room at 9 PM Eastern time on Saturday, September 6, 2008.

And now, the fine print:

* The winner must have answered the question correctly. (Duh.)
    * Only the earliest dated entry will be accepted. Multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning.
    * You must include both your real name and your forum user name in your email.
    * Contest closes at midnight Eastern Daylight Savings Time on Friday, September 5, 2008.
    * After the contest closes, a copy of both photos will be posted on the forum, with the instrument highlighted.
    * Two winners will be selected at random from all correct answers received, on Saturday,September 6, 2008.
    * The winners will be notified by email on Sunday, September 7, 2008, and will have until midnight eastern time on Friday, September 12, 2008 to claim the prizes.
    * If a prize is not claimed, a second random drawing will take place on Saturday, September 13, 2008. There will be no third drawing.
    * The winners will be required to furnish valid mailing addresses.  These addresses will be used only to mail the prizes, and will not be sold or otherwise shared with any third parties.
    * One person cannot win both prizes.
    * Contest is void where taxed or prohibited.
    * Contest only open to forum members who have not won another contest within the last year.
    * Sorry, the contest is not open to administrators or moderators of any of our Forums.

Have fun, and good luck to all!

Lindsey and Rich

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Bookworm
Honorary Roadie

Thanks Celtic Chicken!

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:26AM »

Good luck everyone!!

Thank you Lisa Kelly Fan and Brian H

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 08:52AM »

Great question, Rich! Just sent my answer...hope I got it correct
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:00AM »

Just sent mine in,

Thanks,

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:23AM »

Tom, I received yours.  But Timi, I didn't get one from you yet.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
timi

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:27AM »

Shocked Huh Roll Eyes Embarrassed Embarrassed It would help if I opened my email and sent the message......
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 10:40AM »

Got it.   Cheesy

nbrock

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:59PM »

Yeah!  Just submitted my entry and I'm very excited...a contest featuring 2 of my top 4 High Kings - the multi-talented Martin, and the amazing Darren Holden!  Thanks to all for spreading the enthusiasm with this contest.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Norma
timi

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 09:47PM »

Yeah!  Just submitted my entry and I'm very excited...a contest featuring 2 of my top 4 High Kings - the multi-talented Martin, and the amazing Darren Holden!  Thanks to all for spreading the enthusiasm with this contest.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Norma

"bout time you showed up.....been missing you!!! And I agree with you about the 2 kings... Wink

Rich, glad you got it...sure helps when the message is actually sent to you....
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 09:10AM »

Just a quick note.  When identifying the instrument in your email, you don't need to be too specific.  For instance, if he were playing a piano (which, obviously, he's not), you don't have to tell us he's playing a black, 60" "Barless" Upright Piano made by John Broadwood & Sons Ltd.  Just say he's playing a piano.   Cheesy

timi

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 09:14AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 01:41PM »

This is it, folks.  Last chance to get your entries in.  Darren is all set to pick the winners.

Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:03PM »

Rich,

Darla and I are really looking forward to meeting Darren and the lads in just 11 days now.

Thanks for putting this all together for our forum family.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 10:48AM »

Those of you who entered our contest, this is the grand prize:

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 06:47PM »

Congrats to Erin and Jeeves, the winners of our THK Chat Contest!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: