Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Olympic Thread  (Read 65680 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2008, 01:02PM »

That was really ridiculous, how did that 'Fei' girl get a better score than 'Sacramone' when she landed directly on her knees. Alicia landed both vaults?Huh!!!! That was very upsetting. Did you see how mad Bella was?
[/quote]

To say that he was a little upset would be an under statement!   Angry

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
OrangeTea

le bruit d'une émeute paisible

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2008, 01:06PM »

i cant believe that the tie between el chinese gurl and nastia was decided like that!!!  i watched them both twice- nastia did SO much better!!!!

i cant believe they use judges from countries that dont even have gurl competing in the events!!! i mean, yeah no eliminating the bias, but they have NO idea and have prob never judged at the olympic level before!!!  Angry Angry
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:23PM by ladernierenuit » Logged

CRRopes: I'm a penguin! Cheesy
OldFatGuy: I think we just wrote the script to the next Saw movie.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2008, 01:14PM »

I know what you mean! Even the commentators said that Nastia did better! Gah. I think their tie breaking system is silly. Anyways hopefully Shawn can do better tonight.

Thanks Lindsey
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2008, 02:53PM »

Wink
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2008, 03:41PM »

I know what you mean! Even the commentators said that Nastia did better! Gah. I think their tie breaking system is silly. Anyways hopefully Shawn can do better tonight.

I don't think there is going to be a problem tonight!   Wink
Both Shawn and Nastia are competing on Beam.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Rigatony60

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2008, 10:27PM »

Cheng Fei 'Bronze' Nastia Liukin 'Silver' SHAWN JOHNSON 'GOLD'!!!!
I was a little worried when they gave Cheng Fei such a high score after all those balance checks and a shaky routine, but Shawn Johnson went out there and just blew her up. Nastia was great also, but she already has a gold medal. Good for her!!! U.S.A. Grin

Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2008, 03:40PM »

I was really thrilled to see Shawn Johnson get the gold on beam - she really did deserve to get a gold finally.  I would have lliked to have seen both Shawn and Nastia get more gold overall, but I think they are both happy with the way things turned out.  I think they were both ripped off though - and poor Alicia Sacramone, I wanted so badly to give her a hug and kiss, my heart broke for her, as it did for several other competitors, but at least everyone knows she did her best, and should have medalled - the fault is with the system unfortunately.

Life is Great!
Honorary Roadie

It pays to be a winner.

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2008, 09:12PM »

I was really thrilled to see Shawn Johnson get the gold on beam - she really did deserve to get a gold finally.  I would have lliked to have seen both Shawn and Nastia get more gold overall, but I think they are both happy with the way things turned out.  I think they were both ripped off though - and poor Alicia Sacramone, I wanted so badly to give her a hug and kiss, my heart broke for her, as it did for several other competitors, but at least everyone knows she did her best, and should have medalled - the fault is with the system unfortunately.
I am with you on that. But on the other side think of the lives these people in" not so free countries" live. It seems like so very much rides on weather they win or not. How truly sad for them. As for our team, I am very happy for them. I can't even start to imagine the work they ALL put in. I am happy for them all!

" Winners have two things, definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them."

Slow down if you need to, walk if you must, crawl if you can't do anything else, but don't quit!!

"Pain is temporary, quiting is forever"

Everything Counts

The most important, " ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!
MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2008, 10:53AM »

I'm so happy that Shawn got gold!!!! I love Nastia too and I am so happy that she got gold the other day.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2008, 01:14PM »

I have been staying up way to late watching the events! LOL Shocked Grin

We even bought a badminton set. I have been beaten by everyone in the family! Its set up on the front lawn. I am waiting for the home owners association to tell me to take it down!

Okay...who say Lightning Bolt run? That guy sure is fast!

Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2008, 09:34PM »

o.k. - I am Emillee - my Nana isss  Antggie.  I watttttchhdss tttttttdddddde Olympics with her, I liiked tthe fire-workss.  I am 4.

Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2008, 09:39PM »

You are right about that - of course I don't know for sure - but I really got the feeling that when the Chinese kids didn't fair so well, they looked MORE than just disapointed - maybe a little "scared" - it does make you wonder what the repercussions will be for them Huh   Poor things.

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2008, 10:14AM »

Both USA Men and Women dropped their batons in track! Shocked  Ahh that was so devastating to see. 

Thanks Lindsey
Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2008, 04:17AM »

The USA waterpolo team did good! Grin You guys gave us a really hard time!

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
howard

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2008, 04:26PM »

2012 the Olympics will be in London...

Do you think the London Olympic committee will consider to use Hayley for the opening ceremony!!!    Huh  Shocked  Wink

Let's Hope!
Howard
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: