Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Our forum Administrator Rich Ropes needs our love and support.  (Read 247102 times)
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2008, 02:42PM »

I was shocked to hear the news!
I'll be joining his forum tonight
OFG: keep fighting
        my prayers are with you and your family       Shocked

Dave
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2008, 04:15PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with Rich and his family.
Colleen

Thanks Mel!
DeirdreFan
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 12:56AM »

We have a website for Rich where you can keep track of the latest information... additionally, there is a lovely presentation on the front page with a slide show of the Chicago, IL show on April 4, 2008.  "Rich Fest" was an amazing evening for Rich and all who attended.

Enjoy!!

http://www.richropes.com

Smiley
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 06:07AM »

Thank you Jenny and Kelli,

That was AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm so happy that Rich received the attention and love that he more than deserves.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 07:06AM »

Words  fail me, Jenny!!! Thank you for all the memories you have brought back. 
gary

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
DeirdreFan
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 07:06AM »

Glad you enjoyed it!

Jenny x
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 07:19AM »

Jenny!!

What can I say? That was one of the most beautiful presentations I have ever seen - from the picture layout to the background music you selected. It truly touched my heart. Thanks for putting it all together so that we could share our memories with everyone on the forum. It truly was a special day set aside for a VERY special guy!!

Love,
Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 09:16AM »

Absolutely beautiful!  Gave those of us who couldn't be in person an idea of how awesome that evening was, and the emotion and love that was present that evening (plus that deep dish pizza looked pretty darn good!   Wink  )

Thank you Jenny.  Kiss

Love,

~Mary

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 10:40AM »

thank you for the slide show. I am with Zee...thanks for allowing us to share our memories with everyone! That truely touched my heart!

hugs
kathleen

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2008, 10:42AM »

That was nice Jenny! I loved it. Great job!

Thanks Lindsey
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 12:00PM »

Very nice, Jenny. I can totally understand how Rich was touched. Thank you and Kelli for putting it together so the rest of us who couldn't be there could also share in the memories of that wonderful evening.

DeirdreFan
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 12:18PM »

I totally get choked up when I see the picture where Rich was chatting on the phone during his event... I was on the phone with him at that moment and so wanted to be there!  - Circumstance at the time didn't allow me to make the trip.. but I told Rich that I was definitely there in spirit that day.  I had fun putting the slide show together... I was engrossed with it until almost 3:00 this morning!! -- I couldn't stop until it was finished.  It made me feel as if I were there too. 

By the way... spoke with Rich again this morning.. he is very tired from the Chemotherapy and has another round of Chemo scheduled for tomorrow -- he goes every Friday for treatment.  On the 6th of next month he will undergo more tests to see if the treatments are working on the cancer as the doctors are hoping.  Again, he is in a good frame of mind.  As sick as he feels, he never stops thinking of others.  It's not in his nature to sit back and let others do for him.  I've always said there are givers and takers in this world. Rich by far is a "giver". 

I'm glad you all enjoyed the presentation.. I had a ball putting it together.  With the pictures that everyone sent in, I tried to capture the essence of that evening so that all of those who couldn't attend, could still be there in spirit.

You all are great people... No wonder Rich loves this forum so much..... it truly is a "family".

By the way... I've scheduled a teleconference for the fund raiser for Rich... I have 5 committee members who will be on a conference call with me at 8:00 PM... we should be coming back with more information about the fund raiser soon... preferably by next week.    Suffice to say that we have a good team of people and our lovely Deirdre Shannon is also on our committee!!! -- I just adore her to bits!!  She can't make the meeting tonight due to her obligations with Lord of the Dance, but I'll be filling her in on the details later. She is offering her services to help Rich.         

Thanks everyone for your support of Rich... I don't think anyone could possibly understand how much your love, prayers and support means to him.  He is so touched.  For those of you who have met Rich, you understand... but for those of you who have not met him... he is definitely one of a kind.  A prince of a man.  I'm fortunately to call him my friend and brother.

If you haven't already.. please take a moment to join his forum.  By visiting:  http://richropes.com you can click in to his forum to join.  I'll be keeping most of the updates there.   

Love to all... especially to Smiley my Rich and his beautiful family.
Jenny x
ferngully
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 12:47PM »

can't believe i've not been here for so long. rich, i'm thinking of you all the way
DeirdreFan
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2008, 01:07PM »

Kelli just let me know that apparently some are trying to reach me via PM on this forum and haven't been successful.  Just to let everyone know, I have my PM feature set to block all private messages.  I have so many email accounts.  Some I use for Deirdre, some for family etc.. that it becomes too cumbersome to keep track of them all.  If anyone would like to reach me with regard to Rich's fundraiser... please feel free to email me directly at my gmail account: jenny.fedei@gmail.com

Muchas smoochas,

Jenny
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:12PM by Jenny » Logged
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 11:46PM »

OK, everyone.  If you have been wanting to help Rich out, you may know that his finances are rather tenuous.  We have set up a committee to organize several benefits for Rich.  If you are interested in giving financially to someone who has given us all so much, please visit this link on his forum:  http://www.takeforum.com/richfest/viewtopic.php?t=27&mforum=richfest

Thank you all!  And Jenny, you did a fantastic job on that slide presentation...it completely captured the emotion of RichFest!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: