Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The High Kings  (Read 21099 times)
Maggie
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 11:46AM »

You should have seen Keegan's eyes light up the moment the music began!  He was especially taken with the band.  He watched Nollaig play her fiddle with a mezmerized stare.  When Robbie played, he squealed with delight!  He swayed and bounced to the tunes and danced round the room.  I gave him 2 spoons and he immediately banged them together with perfect rhythm. 

That's what i love to hear!
A natural born High King!

Wish I'd have seen that......sounds hilarious!  Cheesy
You have obviously raised 'em right!

Did you get any photos?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:52AM by Maggie » Logged
nbrock

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 12:32PM »

No photos - and Charlie is a photographer.  We were so enthralled with the "performance" that we totally forgot to get out the cameras!  Guess we will have to try it again!
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 12:36PM »

Norma....ya got to get photos!  Grin  Playing spoons. to cute!

hugs
kathleen

Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 05:13AM »

What a wonderful story Norma!! The whole family sitting around watching the dvd, and having a great time. I don't know that it gets much better than that.

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 10:36PM »

Norma, reading this about little Keegan made me laugh out loud. Between Shannon, Sean, and Keegan it sounds like we have "the next generation" covered and ready to help spread the word.

Thanks for sharing this!!!!
SkyDancerDove

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 11:58PM »

Norma what a heart touching moment for you!!!

Being half Irish and half Cherokee native american, (I know what a combo ey..lol) I have always been partial to folk music of any sort. My children were raised on it. I was forever dragging them to Irish music festivals and the such.

When my youngest was 16, I took her on a mini holiday to Ireland. We were so lucky to go there at Summer Solstice time and I made a point of taking her to the Hill of Tara, located near the River Boyne, between Navan and Dunshaughlin in County Meath, Leinster, Ireland.

The Hill of Tara is an archaeological complex that contains a number of ancient monuments, and, according to tradition, was the seat of Árd Rí na hÉireann, or the High King of Ireland. It is the most magical place in Ireland to celebrate the summer solstice to begin with, but the music is beyond words. To see my typical "Oh Mother, do we have to go there" teenager, get so totally enthralled in the music, is a sight I will remember for years.

Safe Journeys & God Bless
~Marsha~

nbrock

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 08:43AM »

Wow, Marsha!  You & I really do have so very much in common.  Awesome that you got to share Ireland with your daughter.  The whole Boyne Valley region has a spirituality to it that is almost visible.  We spent 3 nights in Navan (home of Pierce Brosnan  Wink - but I digress....) and were overwhelmed with the magical, mystical sites in the area.  From Tara to Trim Castle, to Slane Castle & Newgrange too, some of my favorite memories are there.  I just hope to have the opportunity to visit again soon, and for at least 3 weeks next time.  There is just too much to see & too little time.  Would love to take some of our kids.

By the way, there is a move on to save Tara from a proposed highway.  I cant find the link to the petition, but it's so important that this area be preserved.  Does anyone have that link?

Norma

nbrock

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 08:46AM »

Almost forgot...Marsha - I LOVE that banner!
Norma
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: