Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacred Space  (Read 3582 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« on: February 07, 2008, 10:47PM »

Here is a site run by Irish Jesuits. It is a peaceful place and helps one to reflect. Yes there are prayers but not the ones you learned as a child from your parents or catechism or bible school.

Today's Prayer

"Come to me all you who are burdened
and I will give you rest"
Here I am, Lord.
I come to seek your presence.
I long for your healing power

Here is the site

http://www.sacredspace.ie/

Some who are not Catholic wonder why one needs a Church at all they can find solace in nature.

Why build churches? Jesus spoke of worshipping his father not in Jerusalem or on a mountain in Samaria, but in spirit and in truth. It is true that temples of stone make no sense without temples of flesh – each of us is a temple of the Holy Spirit. We can find God anywhere, in the beauties of Dublin Bay, or in our own heart. Our children may remind us of this –“I don’t need to go to a building to find God.” But in a climate which often is wet and cold, a community needs somewhere they can call their own, somewhere to meet in prayer, especially that prayer which we offer together. There are times when our own faith is faltering, and we need the support of a believing and worshipping community, who express their faith in the works of justice and charity. We need to come together, and for that we need a place.  For example

http://www.sacredspace.ie/peaceprayer/pp_day1.htm

It might seem strange to pray at your computer, in front of a screen, especially if there are other people around you, or distracting noises. But God is everywhere, all around us, constantly reaching out to us, even in the most unlikely situations. When we know this, and with a bit of practice, we can pray anywhere! The following pages will guide you through a session of prayer, in six stages, including preparing your body and mind, and culminating in reflection on a scripture passage chosen specially for the day.

jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
honeypie

Jessica

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:11PM »

Thans for that link Zankoku. I read the prayers and I'm instantly at ease with myself. It's definately a site I will go to everyday to reflect.

Providence, RI March 6, 2007 - March 11, 2009 - March 10, 2010
Maggie
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:37AM »

I put it in my favorites, Jim.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: