Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A young life struck down mysteriously  (Read 4735 times)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« on: December 10, 2007, 12:44PM »

I read about Katy French in an Irish paper, a Irish model who had collapsed a few days ago after a party.

She passed away at the age of 24.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontpage/2007/1207/1196839063448.html

At the end of the article I found infoormation on a cetain Irish Charity that this forum is donating to in the name of the CW.

Ms French, who recently visited Calcutta at the request of the charity Goal, had left an "indelible impression", according to its chief executive John O'Shea.

"She showed herself to be a caring, warm, and deeply emotional person during her time with street children, child prostitutes, slum and city dwellers," he said.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Maggie
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 04:43PM »

It's so tragic how young people keep throwing their lives away on drugs!
This young lady could have had a fabulous life, she must have known the dangers.
She had so much going for her......good looks, a good heart, intelligence, a loving family.....what was she missing that she thought she could find in this poison?
I guess once again it's the "can't happen to me" syndrome. So yet another family is heartbroken and has to cope with this dreadful shock.

Report from RTÉ.ie News:

A post mortem examination has concluded that the model Katy French suffered brain damage.
It has also emerged tonight that the 24-year-old, who died yesterday evening, had taken cocaine before she was admitted to hospital early on Sunday morning.

The examination was conducted at Our Lady's Hospital in Navan by the State Pathologist, Professor Marie Cassidy.
The Garda investigation now involves detectives from the National Drugs Unit and the National Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

Here's a tribute on YouTube:

"http://www.youtube.com/v/rJbGB0ZApyM&rel=1"

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam dilis

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:46PM by Maggie » Logged
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 05:05PM »

Truly sad.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
CTofer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 07:51PM »

This is just heartbreaking to read.....a beautiful life, snuffed out....
Moscapoet
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 06:18PM »

A very sad end to a very promising life. She saw all the suffering caused by drugs in her charitable efforts yet it must not have quite sunk in. A loss to the world that was not necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: