Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my dad diagnosed with multiple myeloma/ needs prayers  (Read 14008 times)
John910

« on: December 16, 2016, 11:40PM »

My dad (who is 82 years old) hasn't been feeling well the past few weeks and was in increasing pain especially in his back. At first the doctor thought arthritis or maybe myalgia and aid to use heating pad and take Advil or Tylenol. It wasn't working and the pain was still there, so last Saturday (December 10th) the doctor said go to the ER. ER x-rays found 2 broken ribs and after doing blood work it looked like kidneys weren't working as they should. They admitted him and did a bone biopsy which confirmed what admitting doctors suspected multiple myeloma. Because that is damaging the kidneys he started dialysis today and oncologist will start treatments for the myeloma. Because his blood is full of toxins/ too much calcium, he has become increasingly lethargic.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 10:59AM »

I hope he gets better soon.
Chloeandeahbafan1

im kennedy i have ausim and love celtic woman

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 12:04PM »

So sad I will pray for you

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 12:22PM »

I can empathize with you....I was treated for a different type of cancer 7 years ago.....yes, it`s difficult, the treatments are NOT easy but as I told my oncologist at the time..."just do whatever you need to do"...and in the end, the treatments worked.....though it took a 7 week hospital stay, 7 weeks outpatient(2 hrs. of daily infusion , 5 days a week), 3 more hospital stays for further chemo, then a year of pills....56 a week. Now my oncologist says that I`m cured  though I have some fatigue and shortness of breath...not from the illness, but it`s a side effect of the meds. As my oncologist said "the heavy duty chemo meds you were on are known to compromise lung function".BUT...I`m HERE....and have been to several CW concerts since, including one soon after my hospital stay.....weak with no hair but saw the girls. I think the hair loss is a bit traumatic...it happens very quickly. But it`s grown back...and then some....I haven`t cut it in the last 5 years....my neighbors 13 year old daughter  likes to braid it in a ponytail Grin Anyway, keep up hope...the doctors and treatments  DO work....hopefully things will work out well. Best Wishes.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 01:42PM »

Warm wishes for his speedy recovery.

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 02:30PM »

our thoughts and prayers, as well.

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
Watchman16

Ezekial 33:6

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 11:26AM »

I will be praying for you and your dad.

"Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast." (Psalm 57:1)
rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 02:45PM »

You & your Dad are in our prayer's be led forth by the lord. Keep strength & Love After Christmas !

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
John910

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 12:09AM »

Because of complications from multiple myeloma and kidney failure and that further treatment would not improve his quality of life, hospice is being recommended for my dad. Since at this time he can't make the decision because of an altered mental state. I have to make the decision alone since I have no brothers or sisters.  I did consult with my dad's brother and he thought hospice would be for the best, no treatments to make my dad more miserable, just comfort for any pain that he has.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 05:23AM »

Because of complications from multiple myeloma and kidney failure and that further treatment would not improve his quality of life, hospice is being recommended for my dad. Since at this time he can't make the decision because of an altered mental state. I have to make the decision alone since I have no brothers or sisters.  I did consult with my dad's brother and he thought hospice would be for the best, no treatments to make my dad more miserable, just comfort for any pain that he has.
That's  always  a  tough  thing  to  do. Had  to  do  that  for  my  dad  a  few years  ago  and  my  mom  a  couple  of  years  ago.  It's  the  right  call  though. My  sympathies  for  you  in  this difficult  time.   Sad

Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 08:29AM »

We're so saddened to hear this report...  Have faith that the Lord is watching over you and your dad.  We pray that He will give you strength at such a distressing time.  "... this too shall pass..."   

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 03:48PM »

My Mom has hospice people caring for her in her final months....they are very caring and sweet people both for the patient and family. Let them do what they do, you`ll see, it`ll be a great comfort for not only him, but you, too.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: