Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome new members!!  (Read 447685 times)
tiburongirl
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 08:45AM »

First off, I'm soo glad that the website is up and running again!  Grin

My name is Kim and I'm a grad student studying music and religion.  I've been involved in music ensembles for most of my life playing the trumpet, violin, or the piano.  When I'm not in school, I teach private string lessons.  I'm into rock climbing, skydiving, and anything that is extreme. 

I first discovered Celtic Woman while shopping at a Celtic store in Colorado Springs.  They were playing their CD over the sound system and I instantly liked them.  I don't think I actually caught their show until the second time around on my local PBS station.  But, since then they've been my favorite group to listen too.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 09:11AM »

Kim,

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Mona

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 12:46PM »

Hey Rich,
I'm new to this forum!!! Mona Roll Eyes

I am the eyes...
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 01:55PM »

Mona!  Ya ol' rebel, you!  Welcome to our forum!!   Grin

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Mona

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 02:28PM »

Thanks Rich! I will try and behave on this forum.  Mona Wink

I am the eyes...
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 03:46PM »

Hi Mona!! Welcome!!

Hmmmm... you're telling my favorite mischief maker (Rich) that you're going to behave!?  Don't let that shy exterior fool you.. he's usually the one in the corner with the lamp shade on his head!!

Jenny xx
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 03:53PM »

he's usually the one in the corner with the lamp shade on his head!!
Wait.  That is my head.   Kiss

Stu Mostinsky
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 04:02PM »

Hi, I am probably the oldest fan of CW (not age)  I saw them the very first time the show aired on PBS and I have been hooked ever since.  I was one of the original members of the very first CW sponsored chatroom/forum.  I have been very fortunate to have met all the CW family members (Except Haley) and they are all fantastic people.  I used to play trombone in the symphony, and I was a music major in college, so I think I am qualified to say that CW has a lot of talent.  The one thing I like the best about CW is the way they stay grounded.  The Ladies really appreciate their fans and they are so kind to us.
That's it for now.

Hi Stu!!  So glad to have one of the "original" members of the first forum here!  Hope we can make this one the best yet! We will certainly do our best anyway!  If memory serves me correctly... didn't the original forum at one time have in excess of 1000 people?  I can't remember for sure.  Would be lovely if we could bring those numbers back up again. We'll see what happens.

Jenny xx

Hi Jenny,
There was a forum long before that one.  It was the first edition of the CW forum. it was more like a chatroom, but not a very good format.  At the time, it was all we had so we liked it.  Paul B. was the#1 poster, and I was #2.  There were very few members back then, but we got the ball rolling and now look where it is.

Of the 1000+ forum members, about 700 were spambots so they don't count.
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 04:26PM »

Nooo... we don't want any spam bots here!  I think we have it set up well enough this time that we are able to avoid those.  At the rate it's growing I suspect we will have plenty of members by this time next year. 

Jenny x
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:50PM by Celtic Jenny » Logged
fireyred09
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 04:27PM »

How do you define a spambot? I get the general concept...but could someone explain?
Mona

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 05:03PM »

Yes Rich knows a little bit about this ole Outlaw rebel. I like the forum guys it reminds m of another forum..hmmm> I the older I get the more I forget! Mona Shocked

I am the eyes...
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 05:46PM »

How do you define a spambot? I get the general concept...but could someone explain?
Katie, check your messages.

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 06:19PM »

Hello Everyone! My name is Lauren
I'm Lauren and im addicted to Celtic Woman!  Meav Ni Mhaolchatha is my favorite Celtic Woman Member. I really wish to meet her! I love the color green, mainly because i have green eyes and im uber proud of them! lol Since you and I Were True is among one of my favorite Meav Songs but how can you really choose just one Song of Meav's.... Theres Dulaman, I love her version of Si Do Mhaimeo, i love Danny Boy, the wicked sister, newry-boat song, and youkali tango to name a few! oh and i LOVELOVELOVE her in at the ceili!

Eating is my hobby but if you met me you would never know lol

I love to sing!

I love to laugh. i love french fries. love the beach but not the sun. I love animals but im pretty much allergic. i love the theatre.

I've been to France, Italy and Germany and i can speak a little spanish and carry on a convo in french.

anything else you must know.. just message me!!

Lots -o- Love,
       Lauren  Grin
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:58PM by <3 Lauren » Logged

<3
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 07:30PM »

Welcome to our little corner of the web, Lauren.  Delighted you joined us.  But we're not AA here, by a long shot.  We come here to celebrate our addiction with others who are similarly afflicted.  If there were a cure, we'd turn it down!   Grin

fireyred09
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 07:38PM »

Welcome to our little corner of the web, Lauren.  Delighted you joined us.  But we're not AA here, by a long shot.  We come here to celebrate our addiction with others who are similarly afflicted.  If there were a cure, we'd turn it down!   Grin

Amen to that, Rich!

Lauren, glad to see you joined!

I found Lauren on youtube and suggested she join the forum since she seemed to love celtic woman/Meav so much.

I hope you can feel at home here!  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: