Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern Ireland?  (Read 61075 times)
oregongirl29
« on: May 09, 2012, 02:58AM »

I'm wanting to visit Ireland one day, and I was wondering if Northern Ireland is a safe place to visit? The pics I've seen of Northern Ireland doesn't look like a place I wanna see.

It has picture's of guy's with gun's painted on the buildings and car's on fire,Hope nobody get's offended by this question but I'm just wondering. I wanna be safe while I'm there.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 05:42AM »

I think most of that was in the past...our own Kirstie is from Belfast and I think it`s okay to visit now.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:51AM »

My boyfriend's sister studied abroad in Ireland last summer and she's visited places like Giant's Causeway, Derry, and Belfast without any trouble at all. She had a lot of fun. Smiley  You can probably look up some information from travel websites and such to see for yourself.  We also have quite a few people here who've visited and/or live in Ireland; maybe they can help you out. Wink
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:50AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

Fill the glasses one more time!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:22PM »

hey Smiley no one should take offence from your post Smiley
Northern Ireland NOW is perfectly safe to visit, and the murals and stuff make for finding out interesting history, what happened between catholic/protestant  Smiley
there's a lot of past with Northern Ireland which can cause people to think twice about coming to visit, but i can assure you the trouble and fighting has stopped, and catholic's and protestants can get on as one now, although some prefer not to (stuck in the past but each to their own hey!)

http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/ - for places to visit, things to do in Northern Ireland, and http://www.discoverireland.ie/ for the same about Ireland Smiley

but you will be safe in either part of the country Smiley

All I ask is that you want me as a friend  Kiss
Celtic Woman Home For Christmas August 7th 2013-best night of my life Smiley

Thanks, ShiningBright Smiley
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 02:07PM »

Northern Ireland and Belfast is perfectly safe now....except for the part where Kirstie has just got her license to drive.....just keep an eye out    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin   

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
oregongirl29
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:26PM »

Thanks everyone, I guess I was reading the wrong website's. I will check out that link Kristi.
greenfire6
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 10:25PM »

I'm wanting to visit Ireland one day, and I was wondering if Northern Ireland is a safe place to visit? The pics I've seen of Northern Ireland doesn't look like a place I wanna see.

It has picture's of guy's with gun's painted on the buildings and car's on fire,Hope nobody get's offended by this question but I'm just wondering. I wanna be safe while I'm there.

Owing to the distant and recent past your question is a fair one. My wife and I just returned from vacation in the Republic of Ireland which included two seperate visits to Northern Ireland. I can support what kirstie_x wrote by telling you Northern Ireland is totally peacefull at present. In sighting just one evidence, we drove in and out of the two nations without the need to stop for security checks. In other words it was just like driving across state lines in the US.

However, none of us can predict the future so please stay abreast of current events prior to making travel plans.

In this regard I would like to PM you with some pictures I took from the atop walls of The Walled City of Derry (aka: Londonderry) and brief comments.
oregongirl29
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28AM »

Sure that would be great, I would love to see the pics and hear your comment's.  Grin
greenfire6
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 09:29AM »

Sure that would be great, I would love to see the pics and hear your comment's.  Grin

Having some performance issuses with my 'puter right now. I promise I won't forget... but don't hold your breath.  Cheesy

In the meantime there is The Dubliners cover of The Town I Loved So Well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=wDC_LC_Pzzs

Our tour "minders", Men of Worth, included this song in their nightly music performance the day we visited Derry, aka: Londenderry, Northern Ireland.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 03:12PM »

Northern Ireland and Belfast is perfectly safe now....except for the part where Kirstie has just got her license to drive.....just keep an eye out    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin 

not a full license yet... but im a good driver!:D

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 05:39AM »

not a full license yet... but im a good driver!:D
  famous last words of Captain Smith..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 05:48AM »

LOL! i can drive, i haven't hurt anyone Smiley

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 05:50AM »

good question!! I always heard and read about that! very scary! but i think its ok now! belfast, giants causeway, titanic museum (looks ammmaaazzzinnnggg!) etc! but if its ur first time do a bus tour!! there are so many different options w agencys!! looks fun! i was gonna go this summer but w the olympics it might be too hectic!! but, def. going next summer! and most of the strictly ireland tours focus a lot on the northern half!!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 06:13AM »

do you drive a stick shift car?Huh??  Something like 97% of cars sold here are automatics. As my car dealer told me" we can`t give stick shift cars away"  he told me about a girl that saw a car she liked on the lot and he said " okay, let`s go for a test drive"  She got in , looked down and said" why does it have 3 pedals?"  He said"uh, this isn`t the car for you" Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:14AM by Kevin R.I. » Logged

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
kirstie_x
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04AM »

do you drive a stick shift car?Huh??  Something like 97% of cars sold here are automatics. As my car dealer told me" we can`t give stick shift cars away"  he told me about a girl that saw a car she liked on the lot and he said " okay, let`s go for a test drive"  She got in , looked down and said" why does it have 3 pedals?"  He said"uh, this isn`t the car for you" Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
yeah i drive a manual, my aunt drives an automatic, but there SOO expensive to buy... i want to try driving her car, but cos im still learning i'm best off sticking to a clutch lol!! oh deaar, that would be funny though!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: