Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Christmas in NYC - December 2011  (Read 12741 times)
ChristmasPipes

« on: November 07, 2011, 07:33AM »

THE PIPES OF CHRISTMAS
Celebrating Our 13th Anniversary!

Saturday and Sunday, December 17-18, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church
Madison Avenue at 73rd Street
New York City

“One of New York’s Top Ten Holiday Events”
-NYC Top Ten

"The musical experience was thrilling"
-Classical NJ Magazine

"A majestic seasonal experience"
-The Star Ledger

"A beautiful afternoon of uplifting music celebrating the Christmas story"
-Adventures in the Endless Pursuit of Entertainment

From the bold sounds of the pipes and drums, and the harmonious blending of brass, strings and percussion, to the poetic and lyrical words that complement them, all filling the beautiful Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church, The Pipes Of Christmas is a festival for the soul. The concert features the music of Christmas accompanied by a selection of readings taken from the Celtic literature of Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.

Proceeds benefit music scholarships established with leading Celtic arts programs at universities and colleges in the US, Canada and Scotland.

Featured performers include Andrew Weir from the film Braveheart, Scottish Country Dance trio Local Hero (Paul Woodiel/fiddle, Christopher Layer/uilleann pipes and Susie Petrov/keyboard), the Solid Brass ensemble, Gaelic Mod Champion harpist Jennifer Port and the Kevin Ray Blandford Memorial Pipe Band of Redlands, CA.

The Pipes Of Christmas is made possible through the generous support of OBAN Single Malt Scotch Whisky, the Grand Summit Hotel, Walkers Shortbread, the Hat Tavern and Rodney Strong Wines.

Performance also in NJ on Friday, December 16 at 8pm. Complete details at www.PipesOfChristmas.com or by phoning (908) 273-3509.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 06:46PM »

Sounds good, I might be able to go

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
greenfire6
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:24PM »

Sounds wonderful!

If I lived within reasonable distance wild horses wouldn't keep me from this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: