Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6.0 Earthquake  (Read 8522 times)
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« on: August 23, 2011, 12:06PM »

Hearing about that 6.0 quake that just hit D.C. They've evacuated the capitol and pentagon, the department of Justice... They felt it all the way up in NY City and Rhode Island. I have two friends who felt it for sure, I haven't heard from either.

Kevin, here on the forum, are you ok?

Let's all please pray no one was hurt.

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41PM »

I felt it in upstate SC. Apparently people felt it all along the east coast. I hope everyone is okay.

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41PM »

I felt it in the western-central part of NC for about 20 seconds. Shocked Shocked

Music Girl
Honorary Roadie

Do The Things You Love And You Will Live A Dream

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42PM »

I hope no one we know is hurt.
I live in Holland and hurt pretty quickly that it wasn't a small quack.

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 12:56PM »

Hearing about that 6.0 quake that just hit D.C. They've evacuated the capitol and pentagon, the department of Justice... They felt it all the way up in NY City and Rhode Island. I have two friends who felt it for sure, I haven't heard from either.

Kevin, here on the forum, are you ok?

Let's all please pray no one was hurt.
  yep...never felt a thing. Didn`t know anything about it till reading about it here.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jennifer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:12PM »

I hope you're all OK!
KelticKraze

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 04:16PM »

I didn't know it was a quake until someone told me. Thought it was workers on the roof at work. As there is usually someone up there banging around.

KC
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:57PM »

For the record, the 5.8 magnitude quake actually hit in West Virginia, not in DC.  It was, however, felt around an unusually wide area because the quake was actually not very deep by comparison to many.  I am in North Central Pennsylvania and, although I personally did not feel it, others in the area did, to the point they even evacuated some of the residents of a nursing home that is located about 200 yards from my apartment building.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 11:35AM »

My parents and I got away from the earthquake which was a good thing we did. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 05:30PM »

That's a very good thing, Kimberly!  I'm glad you and your parents are all safe!
MarleneDFan1901

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 05:54PM »

i felt it! thx to where i live i didnt get hit to hard. so every things all good around me. Smiley
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25PM »

For the record, the 5.8 magnitude quake actually hit in West Virginia, not in DC.  It was, however, felt around an unusually wide area because the quake was actually not very deep by comparison to many.  I am in North Central Pennsylvania and, although I personally did not feel it, others in the area did, to the point they even evacuated some of the residents of a nursing home that is located about 200 yards from my apartment building.

They did feel it in DC, though. It is said that the monument there is tilting! I don't know if that is really true tho'

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57AM »

They did feel it in DC, though. It is said that the monument there is tilting! I don't know if that is really true tho'
The Washington Monument actually did not lean. That was a false story; however, it did suffer a crack in a stone in the pyramidium -- the pyramid shape at the very top....according to Reuters.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 05:18AM »

What about the victims? Are there any of them somewhere in this coast?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 01:57PM »

Kimberly,

From the reports I have seen, it looks like there were a lot of minor injuries, but I don't think anyone was seriously hurt, nor killed.  It seem like everyone has been very lucky in that way.

A lot of people will need help because if damages to home and businesses from the earthquake, but those things can be repaired or replaced ... people can't, but people seem to be okay.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: