Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Iphone App for An Bíobla Naofa (Holy Bible)  (Read 3965 times)
Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« on: August 07, 2011, 06:38AM »

Hello, I am looking for Iphone app for An Bíobla Naofa, but can't find any Roll Eyes
I already use E-sword on desktop to view ABN (although I can't read it yet for my current language skill level Grin)

Does anyone knows where can I get ABN on my phone? ideally a bilingual one for Irish/English, but it's fine if Irish only.
Maggie
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 12:44PM »

Hello, I am looking for Iphone app for An Bíobla Naofa, but can't find any Roll Eyes
I already use E-sword on desktop to view ABN (although I can't read it yet for my current language skill level Grin)
Does anyone knows where can I get ABN on my phone? ideally a bilingual one for Irish/English, but it's fine if Irish only.

The following Quote is from this site:
http://www.anbioblanaofa.org/en/go-bible

'An Bíobla Naofa' can be viewed on modern mobile phones (excluding iPhone which does not support Java).
The Go Bible program allows for easy navigation of the Bible text, as well as searching for specific words,
adding bookmarks, and sending verses by SMS."

On that site, it says you can get the Irish and English translation side-by-side.
I suggest you contact the publisher An Sagart regarding iphone:  http://www.ansagart.ie/teagmhail/index.html

Note from Maggie:
As this Bible was translated into Irish by Monsignor Pádraig Ó Fiannachta, and is promoted by the Daltaí Boards,
and the Ancient Order of Hibernians, it can be assumed that it is a Catholic Bible, and will have the extra seven books.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:50PM by Maggie » Logged
Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:20PM »

I checked this website before, but I use the Iphone so Go Bible doesn't work

I have their pocket sword app installed, but for some weird reason I can't connect to their server to download ABN
Maybe it only works in certain region and I will try again once back to the States this week

But I still thank you for the help Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: