Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off to Ireland.....Part II!  (Read 50379 times)
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 01:10AM »

Cheesy  Great...I had forgotten, your trip was cut short...so great...that it can be resumed.....You ladies have a great
      trip and post pics of everything like you did last time including the food and drinks...musicians...scenery..etc.
      where is that Castle Maggie Posted?  Will you be going there? to the HELIX or ABBy Theater?? Safe Travels

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Maggie
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 10:39AM »

Cheesy  Great...I had forgotten, your trip was cut short...so great...that it can be resumed.....You ladies have a great
      trip and post pics of everything like you did last time including the food and drinks...musicians...scenery..etc.
      where is that Castle Maggie Posted?  Will you be going there? to the HELIX or ABBy Theater?? Safe Travels

That is Ashford Castle, in Cong, County Mayo, founded by the Norman family De Burgo in 1228.
It is now one of the leading Hotels in the World.
The location can not be beat.....so beautiful and peaceful.
http://www.ashford.ie/index.php

http://www.google.com/search?q=images+Ashford+Castle&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.google:en-US:official&channel=s&prmd=ivnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=OrmtTfeiMMnc0QH_qtHACw&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=914&bih=533

The stars of "The Quiet Man" (John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara, Barry Fitzgerald, etc) stayed at Ashford Castle
during filming, as it is very close to the locations.
Yes....Kelli and Zee will be spending one night here during their vacation.

I think the main purpose of their vacation is to roam around Ireland, soak up some peace and tranquility,
and relax among the friendly and hospitable Irish people. So I don't think they will be running around to
theatres and tourist sites.
Mind you....I could be wrong knowing those two!!! I think they will find a couple of music Pubs though.
With gas at $8 per gallon in Ireland, I think they might want to keep driving to a minimum.

For those who don't know, or had forgotten....
...Kelli and Zee booked a dream vacation in Ireland last year, but it was rudely curtailed
by a cloud of volcanic ash from Iceland. Their flight was postponed for a few days and it cut their holiday short.
They were unable to stay at Ashford Castle as planned, so now they are catching up.

These two ladies deserve the best vacation possible.

Ashford Castle, County Mayo

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:54AM by Maggie » Logged
DALTON

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 03:05PM »

Wishing you both the best and knowing you both will enjoy your time there to the fullest...I feel very privileged and honored to have met both of you in SLC.  Now go and have fun! Cheesy

DALTON THE BEAR
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 07:30PM »

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

Right now it looks like the weather in Ireland is nicer than over here!! Let's hope it stays that way. Grin Grin

Yep, as Sister Maggie said, we are headed to Ashford Castle on Friday. We will stay there one night and will probably be eating potato soup for the rest of the trip! LOL  I was bound and determined to stay there after last year's "event" caused us to cancel our reservations.

After Ashford Castle, it's back east again as we have rented a small thatched cottage for the remainder of our stay and will take day trips from there.

We leave Thursday evening. Ireland, here we come....again!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 12:51AM »

Cool  Cool  Cool   Cool Thanks Maggie..what a magnificent place!!! Ladies, Bon Voyage.....and May the Lock o; the Irish be wi ye..
C S

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Maggie
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 03:23PM »

Zee and Kelli -

I don't know if you're aware that many places in Ireland will be closed on Good Friday,
even though it's not an official Public Holiday it is a day of rest to contemplate the death of Christ.
I think Banks are closed but I'm not sure. Catholic-owned businesses will be closed, that's about 90%.
Make sure you have a full tank of petrol as you leave the Airport.

*****The sale of alcohol is forbidden in Ireland on Good Friday*****

You can't tour the Guinness Storehouse.

(Even the makers of Poitín up in the hills of Tipperary stop work on that day! Wink )

Actually it's a good thing you're going straight to Ashford Castle because they have to serve food,
and I think their bar will be open for hotel guests.

Saturday night there should be some good music in the Pubs.
Easter Sunday of course is a big day for putting on one's finery and going to Church.

I'll call you later, Sister Zee!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:37PM by Maggie » Logged
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 12:39PM »

Z and Kelli
I am happy and envy you get to stay at Ashford castle. Will you get to do falconry and take the boat on Lough Corrib? Tale may pics as you can.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 01:59PM »

Zee and Kelli -

I don't know if you're aware that many places in Ireland will be closed on Good Friday,
even though it's not an official Public Holiday it is a day of rest to contemplate the death of Christ.
I think Banks are closed but I'm not sure. Catholic-owned businesses will be closed, that's about 90%.
Make sure you have a full tank of petrol as you leave the Airport.

*****The sale of alcohol is forbidden in Ireland on Good Friday*****

You can't tour the Guinness Storehouse.

(Even the makers of Poitín up in the hills of Tipperary stop work on that day! Wink )

Actually it's a good thing you're going straight to Ashford Castle because they have to serve food,
and I think their bar will be open for hotel guests.

Saturday night there should be some good music in the Pubs.
Easter Sunday of course is a big day for putting on one's finery and going to Church.

I'll call you later, Sister Zee!

Thank you ,Sister Maggie!

I had figured that Ashford Castle was probably the best place to be on Good Friday and that many businesses would be closed. So, it's all for the best.

Well, we are off to the airport! WOOO HOOO!!!

Zee

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 02:10PM »

This is Kelli....i just saw this thread. Thank you to everyone for your good wishes!!

Kelli

MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 02:37PM »

Kelli and Zee, I hope you have the time of your life.  Forget about all of us over on this side of the pond and immerse yourselves in the magic that is Ireland.  We can wait until you return to hear about your adventures.  But we do want to hear about them.  All of them.  Safe travels to you both.  I'll try to keep my envy in check.

Mike

Maggie
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 04:45PM »

Zee and Kelli are already under way.

As you know if you have been, it is an overnight flight to Ireland, they will arrive Friday morning,
probably between 7 and 9am Irish Time. Somewhere over the Atlantic (The "Pond") they will lose 5 hours.

They have waited a long time for this vacation, and their time in Ireland is much too precious
to spend their time posting, emailing and texting.

So PLEASE let's hold the phone/text messages. We don't want them to have to pay international charges.
Anyway, I think they are renting an Irish phone like they did last time.
If they contact us it is up to them, but if they have any sense they will not bother until they return.
Then they can give us the whole story, or as much as they want to divulge! Cheesy

greenfire6
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 08:00PM »

Zee and Kelli are already under way.

As you know if you have been, it is an overnight flight to Ireland, they will arrive Friday morning,
probably between 7 and 9am Irish Time. Somewhere over the Atlantic (The "Pond") they will lose 5 hours.

They have waited a long time for this vacation, and their time in Ireland is much too precious
to spend their time posting, emailing and texting.

So PLEASE let's hold the phone/text messages. We don't want them to have to pay international charges.
Anyway, I think they are renting an Irish phone like they did last time.
If they contact us it is up to them, but if they have any sense they will not bother until they return.
Then they can give us the whole story, or as much as they want to divulge! Cheesy

Amen to that Maggie!
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 03:53AM »

Guess who?!!!!!

Kelli and i arrived safely and TOTALLY enjoyed our night at Ashford Castle. We treated ourselves to room service for dinner and watched THE QUIET MAN on the room TV!!

A VERY,VERY special thanks to a certain Irish Easter Bunny by the name of Maggie who surprised us by having two giant Butler's Easter Eggs delivered to our room when we arrived. You should have seen the smiles on our faces!! Maggie, you are THE BEST!!!! From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.

Checking out of Ashford and on to our next adventure!!

Love to all.

Zee and Kelli

Antiup

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 12:48PM »

Maggie ROCKS!!! WOOOOOO

now you girls have fun.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 12:26PM »

Here at the Hilton Airport Hotel. We leave for the flight back tomorrow morning. Lots of memories to take with us!! I will post a review when I get back and out from all the paperwork that will be waiting for me on my desk at work!! LOL

A special thank you to all the lovely Irish people who assisted us along the way. Bless you all!

Zee

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: