Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (at least) 7 people murdered in a shoppingcentre in the Netherlands..  (Read 9036 times)
MaryNorth93
« on: April 09, 2011, 12:16PM »

Today at noon, an unknown man entered shoppingcentre het Ridderhof in Alphen aan de Rijn. It was very bussy. Many families were shopping. He started walking through the centrum and just started shooting around him, 15 - 20 minutes long. After that he killed himself. At least 7 people are murdered, more victims are fighting for their life.. among the victims are children..  

There aren't relatives or family of mine among the victims. And I pray for the other Dutch members here that they aren't any any loved ones hurt.. Please pray for the people who are catched up in this tragedy, and the many people who have witnessed so much death.  Cry I'm absolutely shocked.. Such a huge murder has never happened here before.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 12:27PM »

Our hearts go out to the victims, their families and friends, and the entire Dutch nation. We are indeed living in terrible times.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 03:11PM »

our thoughts go out to the Dutch people....we have many Dutch friends here and they`re  so nice.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jennifer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 03:18PM »

My thoughts go out to the Dutch people.
totallylovesCw

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 03:24PM »

my thought good out to the dutch people

April 16 was the best night i ever had
thank you Julia  for a wonderful banner and Evi for the avatar Smiley
Jeffrey aka Jeff
Maggie
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:18PM »

Very tragic. Our prayers and thoughts go to the victims and their families, and all the people of the Netherlands.

QUOTE:
"The gunman who shot dead seven people and injured 16 in a shopping centre in the town of
Alphan aan den Rijn on Saturday has been identified as 24-year-old Tristan van der Vlis.
Van der Vlis turned a gun on himself after spraying the shopping centre with bullets on a busy Saturday
lunch time, sending shoppers fleeing in panic.
According to the Telegraaf, Van der Vlis had come into contact with the police in 2003, when he was 16 or 17
in connection with guns. He was also a member of a gun club and had a police permit for five weapons.
It is not clear if any of these were used in the shooting, the Telegraaf said."

Rest of the report here:
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2011/04/shopping_centre_shooting_death_1.php

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 11:35PM »

OH NO!!!! I HATE hearing about things like this! I will be praying for everyone involved!

lisaKfanatic

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 11:53AM »

That's terrible! Praying for everyone!  Cry

Kaneyoshi

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 12:09PM »

That's very sadly. Cry Cry Cry My thoughts go out to the families and friends of the victims and the mourning Dutch nation.

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 02:22PM »

I will pray for the families<3 Being Dutch is weird now...
MaryNorth93
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 03:19PM »

Thank you all for your kind comments

As Maggie pointed out is his identity confirmed. Today it's became clear that he had psychological problems and has been threated before in a psychiatric hospital for suicidal potentials. Those records were known by the police so why he got an police permit for having weapons is a riddle.. He was clearly an loner, no friends or family.

Blaming the police or spitting his past won't change a thing about what happened. The only thing we can learn is that psychiatric patients need to be taken very seriously. You don't get a safe society... but the people who suffer from the inside need help.

At the moment there's is an commemoration. I don't only hope people will be able to overcome this loss, I hope this won't create hate and indifference in the people's hearts. There's already so much of it. 

hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 04:02PM »

So sad.... Cry Prayers, thoughts, huggies...

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
greenfire6
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 09:37PM »

How did I miss this topic? (groan)  Embarrassed

Surely prayers are always timely. I will pray tonight and tomorrow at our Eastern Sunrise Service for the victims families, friends and the Dutch people.

I will even pray for the troubled man that did this horrible thing...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: