Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Five Months in Ireland  (Read 67913 times)
CurlyandGreen

« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2010, 08:25AM »

I made it to Scotland in one (very tired) piece!  I left the hostel Tuesday morning at 7:00 and was in Glasgow by 5:00.  It did take longer and cost more $$$ and the ash decided to disperse, but if I hadn't taken the measures I did my flight would have been cancelled and I would have been very unhappy.  

I wish I could have been in Belfast longer than the 45 minutes that I was...it seemed like a very nice city.  The train ride from Dublin to Belfast was great-the North was so beautiful.  The train from Stranraer, Scotland to Ayr was also unbelievably beautiful.  Clear BRIGHT blue skies, more sheep than I saw my entire time in Ireland, and landscape that was similar yet very different to that of Ireland.  I have a few pictures-not many, though.  I was so tired by the time I got on the train that my head was drooping and I was in that numb halfway between sleep and awake phase.  You see, in  he 48 hours prior, I only got about ten hours of sleep combined.  If I would have listened to my mother and not procrastinated on packing and organizing things would have been different-Mama is always right  Grin There was an American couple sitting across the aisle from me on the train who giggled every time I lurched forward.  Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside-haha.

I've spent the last 36ish hours doing what I normally do during the first few days at the end each school semester and that is completely spacing out.  For example, I slept until 11:00 this morning, stayed in my pajamas, and watched The Flinstones while I ate cereal for lunch.  Good day.

I won't lie-I stood outside on the back of the ferry and watched the coast of Ireland disappear onto the horizon and I cried a bit when the last strip of land faded away.  I'll be back, though.  No doubt about that.

I'll be back stateside on June 11th and I will be going to the beach (Isle of Palms, Charleston) on the 15th, where I will do nothing but read books and lay in the sun and get some color back in my skin!

Thanks for the well wishes, Maggie!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:30AM by CurlyandGreen » Logged

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."
         -Eleanor Roosevelt

We Hail Thee, Carolina
yellow rose

« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2010, 09:12PM »

well i am glad you had a good time however stessfull twords the end, but you made it! hope at some time after you have recooperated some Wink to hear you stories of your stay in Ireland ,please!!!! Smiley Cheesy Cheesy
YR

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: