Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART" from Rosie Allen  (Read 10108 times)
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« on: December 31, 2009, 06:18PM »

Just have to say "THANK YOU" for your incredible love and support for me over this past week.   It has been
a step in faith for me to say the least!  I fell ill on Christmas evening...I have some kind of auto immune disorder
that the doc's are trying to figure out...but when I get tired it flares up and brings me to my knees...it flared and
down I went!  Tongue  Then my good friend and mentor Susan had a stroke on Christmas eve and I went to see her
Christmas morning and gave her a blessing and got her ready to meet Jesus so to speak...she died on
Monday morning.  She made me promise years ago that when her time came I would do her service.  Well,
I was "out for the count"...but a promise is a promise!  Smiley  I gathered all the strength I had to meet with the
family on Tuesday for several hours to plan what would be appropriate for her.  She was a blast!  A great
lady and friend for almost 30 years.  Well, today at 11am my time we said a proper good-bye and asked
God's gentle blessings upon her for eternity.  Some funny things happened like two of the songs we downloaded
were not the songs that played!!!  What, the...?   Huh  Right song...but wrong artist!  Can't figure it.  We all
laughed especially since I had given a great intro to the artists we thought would sing...and...not!!   Roll Eyes

Any way, I had a burst of energy for the Chapel and graveside services and time with family after.  I know
your prayers are what got me through it...because I was a pretty sick puppy even up to this morning!  I am
tired but so grateful to have kept my promise to her.  I loved her very much and there will be an empty
space in my life...but, in my heart she is tucked away forever.   Kiss Cry

I am grateful to all who responded to Carla's plea for prayers for me!!!  She is a kicker, that Carla..and such
a good friend!  Thank you, Carla.  And to Blanca for caring enough to check in on me...and for your very
beautiful PM that included a personal heartfelt prayer for me...I am humbled and so appreciative.  NEXT POST!!

Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:25PM »

And so now I want to say Thank you...

To Guardian...your words touched me to my core, so kind, so sweet, so needed by me at the time!!!
Thank you! I am glad if I have been a help to any one on this forum!  

To Kelli...No, "You are the best"!!  Love you so much...here's to a healthier 2010...the 1% Club...I am a voting
member!!!  Thank you!

To Coco, I love having you in my life!  You have an amazing spirit...and soon your own home where we can talk
to you all night if we want to!  Ha!  Thank you!

To Ganconagh...I am getting well, thanks to your prayerful support...hugs and Thank you!

To Maverick...I am glad I was in your thoughts and prayers.  You kept me going!  Thank you!

To talia...Yep, things are getting better thanks to your prayers!  

To Tiffany Gray...never had a sweater hug before...but it sure felt good!  Thank you!

To Brooke, your prayers were felt strongly especially today.  Thank you!

To Marcie for PMing me your prayers and support.  Love you, too!

To Kristin...good, keep thinking of me and sending those Big Hugs!  You made me smile!  Thank you!

To Maggie...the tea hit the spot...never tasted so good!  Thanks for the prayers and hugs.

Again to my buds, Carla and Blanca...I felt your love and support throughout all of the many hours
of preparation and through the service...Thank you!

And to the many who read the post for prayers and perhaps gave me a good thought...Thank you!

I am not out of the woods, but am a whole lot better because of all of you!  So now, I pray that you all
have a Safe and Happy New Year celebration!  I look forward to meeting you all in this amazing place
we call our "Forum Home"!  Thank you Celtic Woman for bringing us all together!!  

With love and gratitude!   Kiss
Rosie Allen
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:27PM by Rosie Allen » Logged

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:22PM »

No, Rosie, you're the best  Wink Grin  I'm very glad you're on the mend, and I hope the doctors get their answers soon!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:37PM »

Wink  You are a miracle woman!!  I do not know how you got up off that bed that your body demanded as it had crashed and
     then conducted those services and dealt with those people...there must be something said, for human adreneline...
     I was told we all have a ready store of it when needed...Now, get back in that bed !  !  and Rest my good woman...
     Yes, in deedy, we want our ROSIe well as you can tell from your posts...

Aren't you proud of Blanca getting to go on that trip away from home for the first time ever!!! She is all excited and has
     her music ready for the long bus ride to her college friend's house!!! Go Blanca ! ! !

The Lord is Good Psalms 3:3  NIV  
    But you are a shield around me, O Lord, and lift
    up my head.......

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 10:30AM »

Rosie!!

I'm glad you managed to do the service (health-wise) - Kelli is right, you ARE the best... I wouldn't dare to argue with her LOL  Wink Cheesy Grin

Please take care of yourself and have a rest as much as possible!!!

Lots of Love!!!!!
coco xxxxx

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 11:26AM »

Rosie, you ARE one in a million......thank you for being our friend.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 12:12AM »

Thank you, my friends.  Today was a better day...slept a lot and feel life returning to my body!   Cheesy
Hugs to you all!  Happy New Year!!  Kiss  Rosie

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 07:35AM »

Rosie I'm really sorry about your friend but I'm glad she's in good hands now and is at peace.  I also really hope you're okay now.  *Another sweater hug*  Sweater hugs are always really comforting because sweaters are so soft (I looove sweaters).
I'm really glad you're back.

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 11:53AM »

Cheesy  o/t sorry...Tiff...that Blingee card you made is terrific...i got a BLINGEE facebook post care today for New years..
      and I was so proud I already knew what Blingee was  because of your card...

HI ROSIE...hope you are feeling much better..  C S

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 05:27PM »

Rosie,
just got back from my trip. Sooo happy see this post fom you and  to hear you're doing better. i'm sorry about the autoimmune disorder Tongue I'll be praying that the drs. figure it out soon.
     Now, get back in that bed !  !  and Rest my good woman...
     Yes, in deedy, we want our ROSIe well as you can tell from your posts...
i have to agree with Carla on this. :)She's a wise woman,listen to her! Cheesy
I am glad you were able to be With Susan at the end,and that you have the memory of her friendship. Praise the Lord that you were able to fufil your promise.
I am so glad that you felt our love,support, and prayers. I sat on the bus at 11 your time praying extra hard for you. Kiss  Kiss i am glad that i was able to help a little. You have been such a blessing in my life. I am honored to call you friend. I hope to meet you in person sometime and give you a REAL hug.
Thank you for your sweet words of thanks. They are so like you! Smiley You are more than welcome! Kiss Kiss
All my love,
Blanca
Psalm 119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
       strengthen me according to your word

Psalm 121:3-4 He will not let your foot slip—
       he who watches over you will not slumber;

indeed, he who watches over Israel
       will neither slumber nor sleep.

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Texas Celtic Girl
Honorary Roadie

There can be Miracles,when you believe!

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 05:47PM »

O/t

Aren't you proud of Blanca getting to go on that trip away from home for the first time ever!!! She is all excited and has
     her music ready for the long bus ride to her college friend's house!!! Go Blanca ! ! !

Carla,You are such a sweetheart! thank you! Kiss i appreciate your support. :)My trip went well,I'lll have to tell you about it.

Thanks,Guardian and Annie!
8/17/10  Finally met Rosie Allen! Thanks,CW!
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 06:48PM »

To Guardian...your words touched me to my core, so kind, so sweet, so needed by me at the time!!!
Thank you! I am glad if I have been a help to any one on this forum! 

I'm glad I could be a little encouragement to you, Rosie. You are always a wonderful encouragement to others.

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
maverick00725
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 06:57PM »

To Maverick...I am glad I was in your thoughts and prayers.  You kept me going!  Thank you!

you are very welcome rosie.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Her family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

That is wonderful news that you are feeling better. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
sioned

celtaholic, pleidiol rwyf im gwlad,cymru

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 08:26PM »

you are quite a remarkable woman i hope this year bring you happiness and good times and i agree thank you CW

Music is the light,that shines and guides your soul.Embrace it with every fiber in your being!!!!

I'r sawl a roddaf lawer , bydd disgwyl llawer ganddynt.

thanx to scott for the banner Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: