Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs that Celtic Woman should "NOT" sing....  (Read 275919 times)
Celtic Jenny
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 05:50AM »

I wonder if they were reading this thread what they would think... probably that we had way too much time on our hands... or I bet they could come up with a list.  How about "Another one bits the dust?"... who sang that song?.... Or worse... the "Theme from Gilligan's Island!"... har har!!!!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Texas Chava

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 07:16AM »

Queen sang "Another One Bites The Dust" so No Freddy Mercury songs for the girls.

Achy Breaky Heart wouldn't do too well either.

Banner by Scott
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 07:22AM »

You mean they can't break out the mullets and get down to some Billy Ray Cyrus?

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
fireyred09
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 07:24AM »

Oh God! Méav...mullet...NOOOOO!!!!!!!  Shocked

Wink
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 07:26AM »

I think mullets are more for the men (I wasn't around then, so I'm not really an expert on it), but even still... Shocked

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 07:30AM »

I still see plenty of men and women with them.  i guess that probably because im usually in the middle of nowhere podunk hickville Missouri.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 07:59AM »

Or worse... the "Theme from Gilligan's Island

But I still remember the words, and I havent seen that show since I was a kid. Thats scary. Or maybe there was something to it. Something that drilled it right into the memory banks. Anyway....

JUUUUUUUST sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip....

OK thats enough lol  Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Texas Chava

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 10:46AM »

I still haven't figure out why they had all that luggage with them for a three hour tour, a three hour tour....

LOL Huh

Banner by Scott
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 11:35AM »

I still haven't figure out why they had all that luggage with them for a three hour tour, a three hour tour....

Good point. The biggest gap in logic, or sense, or whatever you call this  sort of thing happened in Star Trek :The Next Generation. One show had them going into the neutral zone to find out what the evil devious romulans were up to. Of course it was a trap, and invisible romulan ships suddenly appeared. BUT the good guys took invisible klingon ships in with them as back up, and they saved the day. So, if they had invisible ships at their disposal, why take the non-invisible ship in in the first place? Just send the invisible ones in.

Sorry, got off topic...

If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost, the Minnow would be lost   Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 11:37AM »

Anything Rap or hard metal.

Thanks Lindsey
Mierna

OH YEAH!

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 11:45AM »

FERGIE!! xD Who can imagine CW singing a Fergie song? Anyone?

That, or a song about a walrus... Cool

This wonderful banner was made by Siobhan!
Texas Chava

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 11:56AM »

I am the eggman, ooooooh, they are the eggman, oooooh I am the walrus, googog gahchoo!   Beatles Cool

Banner by Scott
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 12:01PM »

FERGIE!! xD Who can imagine CW singing a Fergie song? Anyone?

Lets hope she doesn't read this and send those muscular women from her one video with the Mr. T hair cuts after you. To be honest, I would be scared if I saw them comin' after me. As that one line from Monty Python's Holy Grail goes " Run Away!  Run Away!"

ferngully
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 01:56PM »

anything from the sound of music Cheesy we don't need 6 maria's
melle mel

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 08:25PM »

My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

Really? This is one that I would think has some good potential.

The problems I have with this song was:

• Extremely hyped and overplayed-to-death on the radio and TV. At the height of the popularity of Titanic, big chances I would hear that wrentched song the first thing I turn the radio on or tune into another station.
  • Didn't care for James Horner's overly-slick production. It sounded too prententious and fake. Had he used a real, full-backing orchestra, maybe the song would've stand a chance.
  • The covers that followed it. Kenny G. Andre Rieu. A New Found Glory, for God's sakes.
  • Celine Dion sang it.

I actually think the song is well arranged and well-written lyrically, I'll concede on that. But the fact that it was sung by a shrill Celine, that it is associated with the most overhyped movie in the history of cinema, and the fact I had to listen to that song on the radio (really, they still play that) at work almost everyday just kills it for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: