Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Concerts  (Read 9327 times)
Charlie Brock

« on: September 08, 2008, 06:31PM »

Dallas to Boston to be with the KingsNorma and I are headed to Boston from Dallas to see the three THK concerts on Saturday and Sunday. We are looking forward to a visit with our dear friends Joe and Kathy. The four of us will be front row for King Martin's first concert in Boston and his birthday. If all goes as planned, we will ask the entire audience to join us at the end of the concert with the traditional song for such an occassion... unless Maggie can teach us the Irish version before Saturday.
We have a banner to share with the Lads and really wish all could sign the banner before handing it over to King Martin.
I also have the honor of sharing the crowns for the Kings at this concert and it should be allot of laughs. As Finbarr put it in an email to me...."We can't wait to get our hands on those hats". It's all in fun, and to show that the fans in the USA really love the Lads and wish to help promote The High Kings and Celtic Woman.
Enjoy

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:45AM »

Charlie and Norma
Have a safe trip and have lots of fun! Tell Joe and Cathy hello for me!

love the ....Dallas to Boston to be with the Kings!   You don't have any tatoos on your chest...do you? lol

hugs
kathleen

Charlie Brock

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26PM »

Hey Kathleen,
I think Martin was referring to the anatomy of a lady....and I don't do tatoo's. I just have a nose ring for my leash.
Hope all is well with you, the boys and your lonesome husband. I'm sure Norma will share a blow by blow after the concerts.
Wish you were headed to Boston. Joe and Kathy see you more than we do.
Toodles with a HUG, Charlie
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 08:13PM »

Be safe in travels you two!! Enjoy the shows and sing loud for me too!!!
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 08:04AM »

Charlie and Norma,

Have fun and I love the hats, what a great idea,

Thanks,

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
cjensen

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 10:10PM »

What a wonderfull few days of concerts with the Kings, here in Boston!

To all who are thinking of going to the High Kings concerts, you'll be in for a
few wonderful surprises! The repoire between Brian, Darren, Finbarr, Martin
and the audience is incredible!`The band and dancing was brilliant.
The concert is simply two hours filled with great music, fun, laughter and applause.
This is a venue that you don't want to miss.

Most of all we were able to share this experience with our dear friends from Dallas,
Charlie & Noma.

- Joe & Kathy

timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:47AM »

Joe & Kathy,

Thanks so much for the updates!! I was blessed to be receiving updates from Charlie and Norma while they were there with you! And I will blessed to share the Dallas show with Charlie & Norma!!!

Timi
Thomas
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 08:14PM »

Charlie,

Do you have any pictures of the lads in their hats?

Darla and I are looking forward to Pittsburgh tomorrow night!

Thanks,

Tom

Banner by Scott

nbrock

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 01:52PM »

Grin Grin Grin
Boston!  A weekend we will never forget!

Wow!  We were blessed to join our dear friends Joe & Kathy for 3 shows in Boston.  The lads were FANTASTIC – and each show was better than the last!  We started Saturday afternoon at the front of the beautiful old Colonial theater, a treasured relic with ornate details befitting The Kings.  They put on a high energy show and blew away the crowd with their lively performance and amazing harmony.  They each had family and friends in attendance and shared their special memories of Boston.

By the end of the 1st song the crowd was singing and clapping along….so much so that I heard one gentleman say “Well now, the crowd’s done all the work and the lad’s will be getting the GLORY – well deserved though!” he laughed.  The addition of “The Irish Rover “  really had the rafters rocking!  As Joe said “simply two hours filled with great music, fun laughter and applause”. 

The new solos were a real surprise, and all were Fabulous!!! Brian leads off as he floods the place with emotion singing a stirring and romantic song.  Beautiful!  He certainly stormed to the top with that one!  Finbarr proceded to engage the place with his traveling tale…The crowd had such fun with this one, and Finbarr got a chance to really shine.

Martin swept us off our feet with his hilarious family tale and  the best version of “Star of the County Down” we’ve ever heard! You will never get this one out of your mind!  The folks went wild with this one! And we laugh just thinking of his tales! Darren does a poignant solo of that is absolutely brilliant!  Cant get it out of my head! 

The powerful anthem “The Fields of Glory” was definitely a crowd pleaser, and showcases percussionist Andrew Reilly, who is a MASTER!  His bodhran skills are unsurpassed. The multi-talented Ewan Cowley is delightful as he switches from guitar, to Mandolin, Bouzouki,  and Keyboard and we just love to watch him sing along!  Step-dancer Shane McAvinchey is just too good to be true!  You cant help but return his brilliant smile as he dances unbelievably across the stage.  Deidre Frost is a beautiful addition and quite a fine Bass player too.   Nolliag Casey makes the fiddle come alive.  And Frank Mulcahy is fabulous on the Button Accordian.  There is also a wonderful piper, and our fabulous 4 as they play whistles, guitars, banjos, bodhrans…..the talent is overwhelming!  And the crowd ate it up!  Popcorn and snacks were quickly discarded to make way for clapping, foot-stomping and singing along! 

We celebrated Martin’s birthday Saturday, and surprised him with a heartfelt (but off key and out of time) Undecided version of “Happy Birthday” from the crowd as the lads took their bows. 

These 3 shows were so much fun and these words just cant begin to describe the experience.  Martin, Darren, Brian and Finbarr put on a show that is so full of talent, yet warm and personal at the same time.  The interaction with the crowd is brilliant.  It’s been hours since we left the last show, and my palms still hurt from all the clapping!!!

Well done friends!

Charlie & Norma
Thomas
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 01:56PM »

Thank you for sharing and great review.

I'm already starting to float.

We now only have four more hours to go until Pittsburgh!!!!!

Tom

Banner by Scott

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 02:20PM »

Norma, Charlie, Joe and Kathy
great to hear that the concerts were wonderful. I am sure your singing of Happy Birthday was great.. even off key...the birthday wishes were felt;D

hugs
kathleen

PS...love the Wild Rover live!

nbrock

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 02:26PM »

Yes, the Wild Rover was fantastic LIVE, Kathleen.  But just one of so many great sing-alongs!  The tunes they've added for the show are brilliant!  And I'll agree that Martin appreciated our sentiments, but oh my, the sound was excruciating...the front of the auditorium was nearly finished as the rear began to sing...!  You should have seen the puzzled looks on the faces on the stage  Cheesy!
Tell everyone.....This is a show that is not to be missed!
Norma
nbrock

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 04:22PM »

Forgot to mention a rip roaring version of Whiskey in the Jar!  Every man in the audience was belting that one out! Grin

So much fun I just cant remember it all at the same time!!  Not a bad problem, huh?

Norma
Charlie Brock

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 06:17PM »

Hey Tom,
Sorry for the delay, and by now you know first hand what the Kings can do for you, after a bad day at work. Hope you were pleased with the sing-a-long and have feeling in your hands again.
After many months of hat preps, shipping and presentation packages, I only got one photo of the lads with the hats. Had Norma stepped out of the middle of the line for autographs and been the last to greet the Kings, we could have taken more pictures. In fact my only little request was a photo with me and the Kings....didn't happen, but I am far to happy to be disappointed.
The hats were a token of appreciation and way to show our support.  More improtant than hats is... ticket, DVD and CD sales. These fine musicians are doing well and happy to be here, but more promotions from Madstone or PBS would be a good thing.  I've added a couple of mag signs to Norma's EDGE that get your attention and advertise the concert in Dallas. Timi is doing the same for Houston. We know it's a small way to promote the Kings, but I believe we can sell a few tickets for the lads this way.
We think the USA tour is a success and will bring them back soon for more great music. There's so many Irish songs to share, that these boys can produce their version of the songs for many years. They just need a good start, and we feel the Boston Three were the kick they needed.
Thanks for the interest in the hats. I love to wear them all of the time...unless I'm sporting the hats for Celtic Woman...
Those are the hats that trigger funny comments.."Oh, he thinks he's a Celtic Woman"....Ug. I love it
Take care and we'll share the photo's if okayed by THK.
Charlie

Thomas
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 05:37AM »

Charlie,

Thank you,

We had a blast last night and THK are VERY appreciative for both the hats and all that Norma and you have/are doing to promote them.

I will have my show review coming this Friday.

Thanks again,

Tom

Banner by Scott

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: