Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ORLANDO THK's CONCERT  (Read 24447 times)
Maggie
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:20AM »

Well, as I live right here within 3 miles of the Theatre, I thought I had better prepare to  host a Forum get-together, and extend a big

Céad míle fáilte

to all planning to come to THE HIGH KINGS Concert on 27th September.

The previous night, Friday 26th I will be in Cocoa Beach with the IACS for our Irish Beach Weekend. It's one of the highlights of the year for our Irish Club, and I have to be there for part of it. So I will arrive back in Orlando around 2pm Saturday.

I would like to meet with other Forum Members at Raglan Road Irish Pub, located in Disney Market Place, for a pre-show get-together and dinner around 4:30pm.

http://www.raglanroadirishpub.com/

That's the basic outline until I get an idea of numbers.
There may be only the six of us, but whether there are 6 or 36 it will be a great time.
If you are going to be there,
please send me confirmation in a PM from the Forum.
That's the only way to be added to the list.

This is the list of names so far:

Maggie Ryan and Dave

Rich Ropes and son Chris

Joe and Sarah Hennessy (Maggie's friends)

Sister Kathleen of the CW Sisterhood

Sister Sara

If you need accommodation, there are dozens of hotels close by.
One with very reasonable rates especially if you book online, within walking distance of the Theatre is:

http://qualityinn-orlando.com/index.htm

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 07:28AM by Maggie » Logged
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:08AM »

How sweet is that!! Thanks Maggie Wink

If I were coming to this one, I would certainly make arrangements. I really am looking forward to the next round of tour dates now that I am here and maybe being able to make some other shows to get to meet some of you!

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:18PM »

Okay....just broke the news to my husband...... Grin

Raglan Road here I come!

wild rover and sister
kathleen

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 06:05AM »

Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.  I'm coming to see you all!

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 06:41AM »

I am so looking forward to this concert!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Maggie
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 08:12AM »

I am so looking forward to this concert!

Me too!

We have the makings of a great party!

I have warned Paul Nolan of Raglan Road.......

just haven't warned my neighbours yet.....
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 08:17AM »

'til THK in Orlando!

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Maggie
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 01:32PM »

The plan up to now is everybody at Raglan Road around 4pm to 4:30pm.
It's at Disney Marketplace which you can walk around, there is no charge.
There are many cool stores, and it's a good place for people-watching visitors from all over the world.
You might want to get there early. If you get to Raglan Road before me, tell Paul Nolan you are in Maggie's Party.

Because Dave works at the Convention Center, our vehicles have parking stickers, so we can take up to 9 passengers to the Theater location.
I can fit 4 passengers in my Chevy Impala, Dave can fit 5 passengers in the Chevy camper van.
Rich - we have better a/c in it now....and a killer music system. You can even watch THK DVD on the way there. No wait - it will only take us 5 minutes!

You can park your own vehicles safely on the parking lot at:

Wingate Clubhouse, 10722 Gateway Ave Orlando FL 32821, if you want to Google it.

Maggie's B&B is now full. You are welcome to join us for dinner and festivities though.

The more the merrier! Cheesy

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 01:51PM »

Maggie, maybe you should warn THK's, too!!  I know they will remember the forum people from their opening for CW, but to have to face you for an entire show--- they may want to get a bit more rest before it starts. !!  LOL

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Maggie
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 02:13PM »

Maggie, maybe you should warn THK's, too!!  I know they will remember the forum people from their opening for CW, but to have to face you for an entire show--- they may want to get a bit more rest before it starts. !!  LOL

They don't need a warning, they already know....
....and trust me, they are well able to cope.
We already met at the WMFE filming.
We were sitting around talking, laughing and dancing for about 2 hours.
They signed my CD and DVD, but I'm crushed they didn't ask for my autograph!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:17PM by Maggie » Logged
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 02:38PM »

This entire audience is in for a treat-- as well as the performers!!!   What a great night fo EVERYONE!!!   Wish I could see it.  And any of those " Guests that always read the forum-- if ya live close enough to go, it'll be a HUGE mistake if you don't!!  I'm sure they will know where those forum members are sitting. If nothing else, the Red Hair will give it away.  LOL  Have fun everyone!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 07:40PM »

September can't come soon enough.  Raglan Road in KC is good, but I'm betting that the one in Orlando is better and probably has a bigger menu.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 10:01PM »

Oh how I wish I could be there with you all! It sounds as though this will be a BLAST in Orlando.

I will be in Houston for the show there. I will be driving 5 hours to get there, but I would not trade it for the world!

Please give us reviews and share the meeting at Raglan Road!!!

T
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 09:27PM »

Sisters Kathleen and Sara!!

So glad you two will be attending the Orlando concert. Along with Maggie, The Sisterhood will be well represented!!

Love,
Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Maggie
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 06:37AM »

Oh how I wish I could be there with you all! It sounds as though this will be a BLAST in Orlando.

I will be in Houston for the show there. I will be driving 5 hours to get there, but I would not trade it for the world!

Please give us reviews and share the meeting at Raglan Road!!! T

Timi, Raglan Road Orlando is brilliant - Paul Nolan is from Dublin, with typical Dublin wit (but don't tell him I said so!)
The house musicians are from Ireland, and there is an Irish dancer ex-Riverdance and LOTD.

I have a British friend in Katy TX, near Houston...we exchange Irish music CDs....she wants to go to that concert too.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 06:42AM by Maggie » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: