Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News from Irish Tour  (Read 6883 times)
nbrock

« on: June 08, 2008, 07:38PM »

A big thank you to Padraig Quigley (Dundalk FM 100 The Easy Listening Show) & Fans of The High Kings on Myspace for sharing this info with us!

Finbar Furey (Martin's dad) said that the lads received standing ovations in Portlaoise! We have heard that Galway gave the lads standing ovations as well!

And, of course, Padraig's review: "The High Kings in Belfast last night was fantastic !! The sound was clear as a bell and the guys where on top form.
Everyone was on their feet clapping at the end of the show !!  I met up with the guys after the show and posted the pictures on my page ! Hope you like them !!  Great guys and I just can't say enough good things about them !!!"

To any of you who want to join "The Realm", PLEASE visit "Fans of The High Kings" on myspace.  It appears, not only have the lads won the hearts of the USA, but also Ireland! Fantastic job, lads!!!

Thanks to Mindy & T
 Grin
Norma

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 09:05PM »

Wonderful news!!! I had a feeling the Irish audiences would just love the guys!  Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:43PM »

That is great to hear!! Thanks for sharing that.

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Maggie
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 01:09AM »

Due to great demand, extra dates were added at the Gaiety Monday 9th and Castlebar on 15th.

I knew this would be a sensational Tour in Ireland, the first of many.
They will take the UK too.

The ticket prices for this Tour are very reasonable, €22.50 each (about $36) in Limerick, Castlebar and Killarney......and the venues are small compared to the US venues.
Some are Hotel Ballrooms. Galway only had about 300 seats.

The lads won't mind, they are home! Cheesy

Prediction: They will storm the walls of Derry on 12th!
(Look that up in the History books)

June 5th, Portlaoise, Heritage Hotel;
June 6th, Galway, Black Box;
June 7th, Belfast, The Waterfront;
June 8th & 9th, Dublin, Gaiety Theatre;
June 12th, Derry, Millennium Forum;
June 13th, Limerick, University Concert Hall;
June 14th & 15th, Castlebar, Theatre Royal;
June 16th, Killarney, INEC

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 06:33AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

nbrock

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:01AM »

Here's more....Darren Holden's blog:

We hoped it would be good. But this is ridiculous!!!!

Hello there,
Well, we are 4 shows into the Irish tour and I think I speak for us all when I say we are astounded at the response we are getting. Its absolute pandemonium!

Portlaise, Galway, Belfast and Dublin have all been on a par with each other for sheer volume and excitement. The crowds are big and LOUD.

We are on a roll here right now, and the word is, it will only get better.

Its very nice to come home and walk on an Irish stage and be welcomed in the manner that we are. There are moments when I almost choke up with emotion during it all. Serious. Its that moving to us.

6 more to go, and tonight is our second sold out Dublin show. Cool.

Talk soon,

We are on The Derek Mooney show today on RTE radio 1 at 3pm.

D

Grin Grin Grin Grin  Awesome News Darren...we knew you'd WOW Them!
nbrock

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:04AM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley  Now Here's Brian's Blog:

What an amazing few days

Four gigs down and it has just been incredible we are on cloud nine we just did not expect the kind of reaction we have been getting, overwhelmed is not the word!

We are pretty exhausted too you really have to look after yourself on tour but we have the cure its PINEAPPLE JUICE, MANUKA HONEY AND PROPOLIS but thats my little secret shhhhhhh!!!

I have been pretty lucky as Dublin is my hometown i have been able to go home and have a good nights rest and ready for tonights Gaiety theatre overload.

My mam and dad were in last night and were just blown away by the whole experience and really enjoyed the new songs and solo numbers. Dad and Finbar Furey caught up on old times but were probably giving out about us!!!

B

Congrats to everyone involved with THK.  I know it is really extra special to be received so well at home!
Norma
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00AM »

What great news!  I'm so happy for them!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 12:20PM »

Way to go,guys!!!  Looking forward to Philadelphia and Atlanta.  Grin Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
nbrock

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 01:31PM »

Cheesy
More news from Darren!  Guess he's been appointed the official historian!  Sounds like Derry was the hit that Maggie predicted!  We are so happy for the lads & cant wait till they cross the pond!

"Heading into the final stretch.

Hello again everybody.

Here we are in the University concert hall in Limerick, where we have been confirmed as a complete sell-out!

Staurday and Sunday are also sold out in Castlebar, and our final date in Kilarney INEC is 95% sold! Not bad eh?

Last nights show in Derry was too good to be true. What an audience, and so appreciative, as we were of them.

They sang and clapped along to every song and gave us 2 encores.

We have had some amazing news here too, which I cannot reveal as yet, but please stay tuned.

Looking forward to tonights show, and then its travel to Castlebar afterwards.

Love to you all,

Take care,

Darren."

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 10:32PM »

WTG Norma! Had no idea you and the others were over here letting everyone know what was going on.....

Thanks to ya, mate!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: