Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBS lack of promoting THK?  (Read 10561 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 03:26PM »

I can watch "The High Kings" only when I'm determined.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 10:25PM »

I will add to this one. Back in March when the lads were here in the states, the PBS station in Dallas only aired HK once. And, I could be worng here, but I have not seen them back on that station. I was very disappointed in this.

I started doing some research and finally rang the Houston PBS and 'pledged' the first pair of tickets and M&G passes. This was Shannon's birthday present. Even though the concert is now in the middle of the week, we will still be there. It is a 5 hour drive to Houston, but well worth it. Would be closer to go to Dallas, but no M&G and THAT is what I wanted for Shannon.

nbrock

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 11:57AM »

Timi, you share my sentiments exacty.  PBS totally dropped the ball in promoting THK.  A few stations understood that there were TWO new Irish groups touring the US...many were totally confused.  I must have called every station in the US (you can find their names & contact info a www.pbs.org)  and only a few even knew if & when they were hosting them.  We cant change that, but we CAN change the future.  Please join me in calling your local stations & demanding that they air the show and book THK on future tours.  Supply & Demand...it's in our hands! 

We want THK!  We want THK!  We want THK!

Norma
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 10:26PM »

Timi, you share my sentiments exacty.  PBS totally dropped the ball in promoting THK.  A few stations understood that there were TWO new Irish groups touring the US...many were totally confused.  I must have called every station in the US (you can find their names & contact info a www.pbs.org)  and only a few even knew if & when they were hosting them.  We cant change that, but we CAN change the future.  Please join me in calling your local stations & demanding that they air the show and book THK on future tours.  Supply & Demand...it's in our hands! 

We want THK!  We want THK!  We want THK!

Norma

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

(I can't find any other smileys???)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: