Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're off to Dublin in the green......  (Read 9965 times)
Maggie
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:03AM »

I just printed out our 2 tickets to THKs at the Gaiety, Dublin.

We're going over anyway, for a delayed first Birthday party for our grandson in London, then over the Irish Sea.

Haven't booked our flights yet!  Cheesy

If by any chance we can't make it for the concert, I'll give the tix to somebody in the family.

Ticket price for the floor is €27.50 which is $43.26.
Didn't want to stay a night in Dublin, but we'll have to, unless we get on the road right after the show.

I really wanted to go to the Galway Show, as it's in a small intimate theatre. However, when I called the theatre I discovered there are no reserved seats! You buy your ticket, get there early then it's a free-for-all scramble!!!
Didn't want that...... Shocked

Portlaoise is quite close to Tipp but it's in a hotel ballroom. Other shows are too late for our visit.

So.....it's the Gaiety, which is a beautiful theatre, where many of the greats of Irish music and theatre have trod the boards.......including Finbarr's uncle Liam.

Oh yes......I found the green sequin jacket and will be wearing it at the Gaiety!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:06AM by Maggie » Logged
Jason

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:11AM »

Not to get too off topic, but speaking of Liam.. He'll be touring in the area around that time too! Liam is one of my absolute favorites. I'd give anything to see him live!

Galway, Town Hall Theatre
Friday 30th May
Booking 091 569777
www.townhalltheatregalway.com

Draiocht Arts Centre, Blanchardstown
Saturday 7th June
Booking - 01 885 2622
www.draiocht.ie

Dun Laoghaire, Pavillion Theatre
Sunday 8th June
Booking 01 2312929
www.paviliontheatre.ie

Carrick on Suir, The Clancy Brothers Festival
Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th June
www.clancymusicfestival.com

Just thought that might interest you. Wink Have a great trip!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:49AM by Jason » Logged

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:11AM »

Take care Maggie!  Have a good time and please tell us about it when you get back!   Smiley

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 11:23AM »

Take care Maggie!  Have a good time and please tell us about it when you get back!   Smiley
I'll second that!!
Maggie
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:59AM »

Not to get too off topic, but speaking of Liam.. He'll be touring in the area around that time too! Liam is one of my absolute favorites. I'd give anything to see him live!

I saw that when I was searching around the theatres.

He is at the same Galway location one week before the lads.

The same night as THKs in Dublin, Liam is not far away in Dun Laoghaire.

It would have been a master stroke to have him as a guest on that stage!

Maybe the auld troubadour can guest with them over here.......that would be wonderful, and would certainly raise the roof!
Maggie
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 12:14PM »

Take care Maggie!  Have a good time and please tell us about it when you get back!   Smiley
I'll second that!!

A good time is a given.......my visits to Ireland are all wonderful, unforgettable, treasured experiences.
I've driven through blizzards, torrential rain, glorious sunshine......
Driven along narrow roads with masses of fuschia tumbling over the hedgerows......
been lost, slept on a beach....slept in a castle....paid my respects at the graves of my ancestors...... and at Beal na Bláth.......ridden a horse at full gallop on Inch Strand......
Been introduced to Síle de Valera, had wonderful times with my parents, brothers, uncles, aunts, cousins. Met some fabulous characters.
Had the joy of introducing my son and Dave to my favourite place on Earth, and watching them discover Ireland for themselves.

Oh yes......I'll tell you about it when I get back.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 12:24PM by Maggie » Logged
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 12:34PM »

I can't wait to hear about your trip when you return, Maggie.  Give our love to Thomas Patrick AND The High Kings!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 01:10PM »

Maggie, I know this goes without saying but, have a great time and give the lads our love. We'll all be with you in spirit. I agree it would be great if Liam could find a way to join them. I'm sure the thought has crossed all of their minds as well.

Jason,great find on those dates and very thoughtful of you to share them. 

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Maggie
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 01:25PM »

I can't wait to hear about your trip when you return, Maggie.  Give our love to Thomas Patrick AND The High Kings!

Thank you Kelli! I will indeed give your love and a big hug to Thomas Patrick......
....and THKs if I get close enough.......Lads, you have been warned!!! Grin

Maggie, I know this goes without saying but, have a great time and give the lads our love. We'll all be with you in spirit. I agree it would be great if Liam could find a way to join them. I'm sure the thought has crossed all of their minds as well.

I think it would be wonderful.......the other view is, they are making it on their own.......they don't want to be thought of as "Clancy Brothers Part Deux".

Still, I can't think of a downside to having Liam as a guest, after all he has done for their style of music.
I'm sure they have romped and played at his lovely place in Waterford too.

Gaiety Theatre, Dublin:

Jack

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 02:59PM »

Now that's a theatre!  Have fun Maggie. 

Jack
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 04:06PM »

Wow, the Gaiety Theatre looks absolutely beautiful.

As someone who absolutely adores Ireland more than any other country, I have to say that I'm positively jealous of you, Maggie.  Cheesy I hope you have a great time though, and I'm sure you'll have a great time at the THK show!! It must be wonderful to go back to Ireland and visit, especially family. Have a glorious time!!!!  Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jason

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 04:21PM »

(for some reason, I'm always bordering on being off topic Undecided)

but, the Gaiety in action! Great version of a great song by a great group in a great theatre! Cheesy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=951z4ym6LIo

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30PM »

Have a wonderful trip and take lots of pics.

Vaya con Dios, Amiga

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 10:48AM »

Oooooooooo Maggie....I wish I could go with you! Do give that grandson of yours a kiss from me!
Enjoy your time and do come back with some stories!

hugs
kathleen

enjoy the High Kings as well!

Maggie
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 01:50AM »

Oooooooooo Maggie....I wish I could go with you! Do give that grandson of yours a kiss from me!
Enjoy your time and do come back with some stories!
hugs  kathleen
enjoy the High Kings as well!

Darlin' Sister......when do I ever NOT come back with stories?  Roll Eyes

I will surely give Thomas Patrick the biggest hug and kiss from all of ye!

As for the High Kings.....they are well able to take care of themselves......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: