Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THK Fall Tour  (Read 53573 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 17, 2008, 02:12PM »

The Columbus show has been rescheduled for Sept 18th (Thurs) at the Southern Theatre.

WOSU automatically updated my tickets Cheesy.

Maggie
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:16PM »

I got this on 4/14, with the change of date and venue:

The High Kings Concert has been rescheduled.  The information is below.
Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Date - Saturday, Sept. 27
Venue - Linda Chapin Theater
Time - Starts at 8 p.m.

Regards,
WMFE Channel 24 & 90.7 FM

I am thrilled to bits!
Because:  The new venue is a state-of-the-art Theatre with great sound system and accoustics, and better yet......
Because:    It is only 3 miles from the house, and better yet......
Because:    it's now on a Saturday instead of Monday, so I have pledged for 2 additional tickets for friends.

About the theatre:

"Chapin Theater - 2,643 seats

Offering aesthetic and technical perfection, the Orange County Convention Center's 2,643-seat Linda W. Chapin Theater provides an ideal venue for all types of theatrical performances, award presentations and corporate events. State-of-the-art equipment and an experienced staff can support the most sophisticated productions. The Chapin Theater is supported by 4 dressing rooms and a grand atrium lobby accommodating pre-event functions."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:42AM by Maggie » Logged
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:20PM »

Now I just gotta figure out which one of the concerts I want to go to.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 04:52PM »

Course I will have to take the next day off. Will have a 3 day weekend out of this Cheesy.

I wouldn't mind seeing them a couple times, depends on if I can get tickets to near by cities. Hope they have the full Fall schedule up soon so I can see what is near me on a weekend.

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 05:04PM »

I might have to go back up to Chicago!   Grin

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Sorgi

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:14PM »

Hi,

Were your concerts originally scheduled for June or before? The reason I'm asking you is because my concert was scheduled for July 25th, but KCET here in Los Angeles has no knowledge of the tour being postponed. Perhaps the summer concerts are still on, although I doubt it.

Thanks,

Dianne

KVIE up here still has July 18th still listed, same at tickets.com.  Nabbed one a few days ago just in case.  If it is postponed odds are they will re issue tickets for the new date.

-Dan

Maggie
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 03:13AM »

Were your concerts originally scheduled for June or before? The reason I'm asking you is because my concert was scheduled for July 25th, but KCET here in Los Angeles has no knowledge of the tour being postponed. Thanks, Dianne

Dianne - the Orlando concert was originally scheduled for Monday 8th May.

On 8th April, I e-mailed a lady at WMFE, who I met when I was on the phone bank taking pledges.
I said as the Tour is postponed, what would happen to the 2 tickets I had pledged for.
She e-mailed right back to say she didn't know it was canceled, she would ask and get back to me.

She e-mailed me again the same day saying yes, the Tour would be rescheduled.
All the pledges made would remain in place for the new date.
Then on 14th she sent me the new details.

So, I suggest you ask KCET to find out....

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 01:46AM by Maggie » Logged
Maggie
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 03:25AM »

Several members of our Irish Club (IACS) pledged for tickets at the Begathon on 8th March.

The concert was scheduled for 5th May.

When I told them it was postponed, several of them contacted WMFE asking to cancel their pledge and reinstate it later.

I can see why they don't want WMFE drawing interest on their money for 6 months, but I decided to leave mine in place, because I didn't want to go to the bottom of the ladder again.

They had my money before the Begathon, so if I don't get good seats this time,
there'll be trouble!!! Angry

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:44AM by Maggie » Logged
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 03:33AM »

Those of you how have not heard back from you PBS or Ticket vendor, you need to contact them. They may not even be aware of the postponement, though why I have no clue, especially the PBS stations. You may even have them refer to THK website to prove to them it has been rescheduled/postponed till Fall.

Maggie
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 03:53AM »

Those of you how have not heard back from you PBS or Ticket vendor, you need to contact them. They may not even be aware of the postponement, though why I have no clue, especially the PBS stations.

I suspect the people at the top DO know, but they want the pledging to go on as long as possible. It's all about getting the money in. They charge credit cards immediately.

When I contacted Jennifer at WMFE, I believe she really didn't know it was postponed.
But within a couple of hours of asking the "Television Funding producer" she got back to me confirming the Tour would be rescheduled.
nbrock

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 07:22AM »

We should have been flying to St. Louis today for the first of 4 trips across the country to support THK.   Cry 

I had to tell each of the PBS stations about the cancellations, but they all followed up with emails confirming that they would hold our seats for the new dates.  We've not asked for refunds even though we probably cant atttend all of the fall concerts due to scheduling conflicts (like a new grandbaby!!! Cheesy)  I just want to do my part to make sure the lads sell out!

By the way, I just checked THK site and the fall tour dates are posted.  Gotta go recheck the schedules and see how many we can squeeze in!
Maggie
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 11:55AM »

By the way, I just checked THK site and the fall tour dates are posted.  Gotta go recheck the schedules and see how many we can squeeze in!

I was just on the site and can't find the Tour dates.
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 12:04PM »

http://www.thehighkings.com/tourdates.html

nbrock

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 12:18PM »

That link is for the Ireland tour dates.  Try http://www.thehighkings.com/tourdatesUS.html
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 12:23PM »

Nashville ...they are playing at the Ryman...too coolllllllllllllll! Grin

Here in Atlanta...Sept 26 at Symphony Hall...not sure where that is...gonna go look it up

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: