Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Kings Louisville Show Cancelled  (Read 9353 times)
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« on: March 31, 2008, 02:51PM »

Not exactly sure why, but the April 17 performance of The High Kings at the Louisville Palace Theater has been cancelled. Just last night I saw an ad for the show on tv.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:11PM by Anderpaw » Logged

Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:43PM »

I wonder if it is a scheduling conflict or something like that. I will look into it, and get back as soon as I hear something.  Huh

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:51PM »

Trying to give me a heart attack then!!?  Shocked  You should put "High Kings" in the topic!  I have been slowly ascending to cloud nine for the CW concerts on April 1 & 2 and then I see this!!   Cheesy   I know you'll be there Anderpaw and hopefully other forum members.  I have pm a couple of you whom I can't wait to meet in person.

I will have a CW Forum name tag.  In case you want to watch for me, there is a photo of me on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/jwmann52.

After reading this headline, hopefully the color to my face will have returned by then!  Cheesy

Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 06:51PM »

I just went onto Ticketmaster,and was able to get tix for the Louisville show. I will look into it more.

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:13PM »

Here's the actual link to the Louisville Palace page:
http://www.louisvillepalace.com/

Aria

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35PM »

Thanks for the information. The Palace does show the show as cancelled, but Ticketmaster is still selling tickets.  Huh

I wonder if a certain number of tickets had to be sold by a particular date? Out of curiosity I requested 5 tickets from Ticketmaster and it said the seats would be in row H. I'm guessing that would mean that not many tickets have been sold.

Sad.  Cry  I was looking forward to seeing them. I already had my ticket. Hope there won't be a problem getting a refund. Or . . . perhaps I can keep that seat for the next CW concert.  Smiley The seat is for row D.
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 10:36PM »

Before we panic lets all relax, and wait until we find out what is going on.

nbrock

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 12:43PM »

St. Louis show says it is postponed!  I have airline, hotel, etc reserved!  I am panicked since we also have 3 other trips planned to see them.  Plus this was our only m&g!!!  Already have gifts.  Looking forward to meeting all the "lads", especially Martin!!!
Bummer!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 08:31AM »

Cry  I was looking forward to seeing them. I already had my ticket. Hope there won't be a problem getting a refund. Or . . . perhaps I can keep that seat for the next CW concert.  Smiley The seat is for row D.

Like maybe....tonight's!  That would be only fair, wouldn't it?   Wink Grin

Aria

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 12:41PM »

I just received an email from Ticketmaster. They say that the Louisville concert in postponed and that a new date is TBA.

On the high kings website, only the tour dates for Ireland are now listed. I emailed Madstone Productions for information. This was before I heard from Ticketmaster.

I'll let everyone know what I hear.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13PM »

See Mel's thread

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
michael642

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 02:13PM »

If you go to the High Kings website, they are going to finish the rest of the Celtic Woman Tour with Celtic Woman!!! :-D So those of us seeing CW after April 4 will be seeing the High Kings as special guests!!! Hence why the HK tour was postponed and many dates cancelled Smiley
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 04:42PM »

Cry  I was looking forward to seeing them. I already had my ticket. Hope there won't be a problem getting a refund. Or . . . perhaps I can keep that seat for the next CW concert.  Smiley The seat is for row D.

Like maybe....tonight's!  That would be only fair, wouldn't it?   Wink Grin

In fact, Aria, you did rather better, didn't you!  Front row seat on April 2 in Louisville with me, mpdallen and Papagood!!   Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: