Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darren's MySpace bulletin  (Read 12496 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: March 20, 2008, 11:40AM »

Hey everyone.

Just returned home from a hugely successful launch and promo tour for the High Kings cd/dvd in the US.

We appeared on 12 PBS tv stations in 2 weeks while our spare time was spent doing radio and newspaper interviews!

The result of all of this is something that I have dreamed about since I was a kid.

After 5 days of having the cd released we went to number 1 on
Amazon Folk Chart
Amazon International
Amazon Celtic
Barnes and Noble
and went straight into number 9 on the Billboard World music Chart!!

Aft er 2 weeks we held the Amazon positions while moving up to number 2 on Billboard, and slotting into number 14 on Billboard Heatseeker Chart!!!

Included in the trip was a major appearance on KTLA's morning show in Los Angeles, and appearances on NBC'S Today Show, and ABC's The View both in New York City.

We have an amazing team working on this project and it is indeed the common goal to make the High Kings the big hit of 2008.

We now go straight into rehearsals for the upcoming US tour which begins in Louisville Kentucky on April 17th and continues for 6 weeks.

Our Irish release date is March 28th.

Watch out for a major press campaign in the coming week.

Thanks for the support,

See ya on the road,

Darren Holden.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:42AM by OldFatGuy » Logged

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 12:26PM »

cool

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:48PM »

We have an amazing team working on this project and it is indeed the common goal to make the High Kings the big hit of 2008.

Now now, Darren. We all know that the big hit of 2008 is going to be the new Celtic Woman DVD.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Kidding, kidding. In all seriousness, I'm so happy these guys are taking off like this. I watched their DVD for the first time the other day and all I could think of was, "Wow, I really hope these guys achieve success because they are fantastic and I'd really like to see it happen for them.."

Many congrats to the guys!  Grin

Thank you for posting, Rich. I just added Darren on MySpace. BTW, I noticed you are in The High Kings' top friends, hehe!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:51PM by EmilyinFL » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:40PM »

Just an FYI, Darren has posted a new bulletin on his MySpace. Apparently they have arrived safe and sound in Duluth. Here it is:

Subject:    Final Chicago show was a blast! Plus brand new songs!!!!!!!!
Body:   
Hey Everyone,

Hello from Duluth on a dull and drizzly Monday.

About to head out for a Starbucks, but thought I would stop by first and keep you all updated.

Our final show in Chicago was a lot of fun yesterday, great audience, fantastic response, lots of singing going on.

We are so grateful to Celtic Woman for the oppurtunity to hit the road with them for the next 6 weeks and perform for their audience.

The cool thing though is, they are cheering big-time when we walk out on stage.

We had a 9 hour bus ride to Duluth right after and made it here at 3am.

Lots of fun!

Anyway, there is finally some new music on myspace for you to check out, and I am really delighted to add some of the "Live and Learn" album.

That was such a special album to make, as It was mostly made in Nashville and New York with an incredible array of musicians and producers.

It featured the Dixie Chicks band on about 70% of it, and I am a big fan of the Chicks!
"Blood and Smoke", "Ecstatic Electricity" and "Wherever You Are" were Top 30 and Top 20 US airplay chart hits in 2003 and were responsible for my nomination for "Best Male Country Artist" for New Music Weekly magazines awards in 2004.

Is Nothing Sacred was recorded in 2006, after its writer, Jim Steinman and I had dinner in New York and decided that we should work together on cutting some tracks. We also did Surfs Up which has been a popular cut here on the space since it's beginning. Jim is a legend and I was honoured that he thought of me as someone he would like to work with.

Right....so that covers it for now I guess,

I will check in soon with some more show reviews,

Till then.....

Take care,

Darren.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:26AM »

Yay, they  made it to Duluth!  Sorry about the weather, boys!  Embarrassed

See you tonight!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 10:54AM »

They're here now it's up to us. Can't wait to see the lads, again!!

<Clears voice and gets ready to sing along>

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Moscapoet
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:14PM »

After last night I'm now ready to see THK. I trust though that they haven't taken out any CW songs, just added THK. Glad they made it safely through the freezing fog. Those bus drivers are great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: