Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Kings CD  (Read 33043 times)
Celtic Fiddle Chick
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2008, 07:51PM »

I just got the cd and I love it. The guys are very talented, sound wonderful, and look great. I can't really choose a favourite song because I like them all but 'Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore' and 'The Rocky Road to Dublin' I really like.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2008, 03:44PM »

Whoohoo!!!  Grin Just got my CD today and I absolutely love it! I was jammin' along to it on the elliptical machine today hehe. It's such a good CD and I'm so happy to be able to put it on my iPod. My Dad is really enjoying it too...he put it on his iPod as well. Smiley He is/was a big fan of The Clancy's.

I think my favorite songs are:

- The Black Velvet Band (they play this at my favorite pub that my friends and I go to, so whenever I hear it it really reminds me of that!)
- Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore
- Marie's Wedding
- The Parting Glass (omg *SO* pretty...quickly becoming obsessed with this song!!)

and of course The Rocky Road to Dublin.

I kinda wish I could go to one of their shows, but they won't be in SoFla. Going back up to Jax for yet another show just wouldn't be feasible. (Plus, I gotta save all of my traveling for CW).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 09:56PM by Emily in FL » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2008, 04:01PM »

I got this CD a few days ago and very much love it.  My favourites are Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore, Marie's Wedding, and The Little Beggarman.  I also love Jimmy Murphy, but it didn't come on the album.  However, my friend got the album from iTunes on St. Paddy's, and she said it included Jimmy Murphy.  Musta been a special.    Grin

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2008, 05:32PM »

I still haven't gotten the cd, but watch the dvd constantly, just sent it to my friend as a birthday present. A funny story, at the recent CW show in Rochester I was standing in the aisle waiting for the show to start and listening to THK over the speakers. Well "The Wild Rover" comes on and of course I clap. And surprise surprise I'm not the only one. The others were tentative until they heard me!!  Cheesy   

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2008, 05:41PM »

I still haven't gotten the cd, but watch the dvd constantly, just sent it to my friend as a birthday present. A funny story, at the recent CW show in Rochester I was standing in the aisle waiting for the show to start and listening to THK over the speakers. Well "The Wild Rover" comes on and of course I clap. And surprise surprise I'm not the only one. The others were tentative until they heard me!!  Cheesy   

Hahaha. Again, another example of a forum member starting the clapping.  Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2008, 05:45PM »

It's what we do. That and recruit new members. Cheesy 

mainopsman

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2008, 07:52PM »

Conchobar is so right, we do react with a lot more passion then most.   And yes we do pass the word about the forum to anyone we talk to at the CW concerts.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2008, 07:57PM »

TY, Jim. Isn't that part of the fun. Talking to those around you.

mainopsman

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2008, 07:59PM »

Yes it is!   But so is meeting the other members of the forum at a concert.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2008, 08:04PM »

Alright!!! to that!!

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2008, 09:26AM »

I got this CD a few days ago and very much love it.  My favourites are Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore, Marie's Wedding, and The Little Beggarman.  I also love Jimmy Murphy, but it didn't come on the album.  However, my friend got the album from iTunes on St. Paddy's, and she said it included Jimmy Murphy.  Musta been a special.    Grin

I also got the CD on iTunes, but Jimmy Murphy wasn't one of the songs listed (I wish!  That song was awesome!).  The bonus song was "The Wild Rover".  Maybe iTunes had a St. Patrick's Day special I didn't know about.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2008, 07:42PM »

I finally downloaded the cd on iTunes. Their harmonies blew me away. I made up my own bass harmony to The Wild Rover ("right up your.......") Grin.

Thistle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2008, 02:37PM »

Got the DVD & CD at Best Buy the other day (along with the Celtic Thunder DVD).

Listening to the CD as I speak. Smiley

"Listen, my child," you say to me;
"I am the voice of your history!"
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2008, 09:54AM »

I FINALLY got THK cd's last thursday!

Let me say it is amazing! I love Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore, Fields of Glory (this one sounds amazing in our family's new honda!), Marie's Wedding, The Wild Rover, and The Rocky Road to Dublin. These guy are just amazing me to death. Since thursday I have the words to TRRtD almost memorized! Grin

Now, if I could only get Lynn's cd here in the US! Angry
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: