Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Header  (Read 19707 times)
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« on: July 04, 2014, 10:43AM »

I've given up all hope that the header/banner for this forum will ever be updated to include Lisa L, Susan, and Mairead C.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 10:55AM »

I've made one, but it can't be used, because there's something wrong with the forum editing.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:24PM »

I've made one, but it can't be used, because there's something wrong with the forum editing.

Nothing wrong with the forum editing (programming). The problem is a sizing one. All that stuff on the right of the forum header? The login/info center and quick search box? That stays there. If you shrink the forum down to a smaller size eventually the picture of the girls runs into it. It's currently as big as it can be without hitting everything on the right but still be small enough to fit on older monitors with smaller resolutions. I'm working on a new theme, but we've also go a massive forum upgrade coming so I'm having to work on all that at the same time so it's a bit of a process. The girls have boards, with pictures, and info pages on the FAQ (except for Mariéad C which I could have sworn I already did. Huh. I'll fix that tomorrow.*) so it isn't as if the world is ending and I have completely forgotten about everything. Have patience with me for just a bit longer and I'll get there.

aislin

*I didn't write the plug in that does the FAQ, but we've reached the number of pages it can hold and I'm going to have to rewrite part of it and reinstall to get Mairead C a page... which is why she doesn't already have one as I'm assuming I hit the same problem last time I tried to add her.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:21PM by aislin » Logged
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:09PM »

Well, but adding a larger banner would work on nearly every other forum. I have no idea why there isn't enough space here.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 07:22PM »

Well, but adding a larger banner would work on nearly every other forum. I have no idea why there isn't enough space here.

The forum's theme isn't a fixed size. When you resize your window, the forum resizes to fit the window. It does have a limit as to how small it goes and I designed the logo to fit next to the info box in that smallest space which is also the standard resolution for someone using an 800x600 monitor resolution. I have to design keeping both the largest resolution and the smallest resolutions in mind. If the logo and the info box run into each other it creates several problems, mostly because depending on which browser you're using and which day it is one will cover the other up... and then there is the fact that it will just look really bad. Does that make sense?

aislin
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:33PM »

Can't you adjust the stargate or change the flux capacitor? Smiley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 07:36PM »

...or  change  the  gravitational  constant  of  the  universe  ?     Cheesy   

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 07:53PM »

Maybe it would work better if everyone would send me chocolate bars. Wink
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:58PM by Jim M. » Logged
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 09:12AM »

...or  change  the  gravitational  constant  of  the  universe  ?     Cheesy   

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin          That made me laugh!

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14AM »

Maybe it would work better if everyone would send me chocolate bars. Wink

Let's start a collection for chocolate bars for Jim.  Wink

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
GlenS

am admin at the all New Celticwomanforum.net

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 12:43PM »

Hi if you can make one with all 14 girls and keep it as condensed as you can I will use it on the new CWF.net forum I think im using your photo now

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: