Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate it When?  (Read 701893 times)
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #2895 on: January 31, 2018, 05:18PM »

the Toyota dealership calls and says "your car is subject to a recall for an exploding airbag"   HUH???  gotta take it in Fri. morning to have the hand grenade airbag replaced.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2896 on: January 31, 2018, 05:59PM »

the Toyota dealership calls and says "your car is subject to a recall for an exploding airbag"   HUH???  gotta take it in Fri. morning to have the hand grenade airbag replaced.
Those airbags are very dangerous.  Don't drive anymore than absolutely necessary until it's fixed.  Personally, I would not drive it at all.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2897 on: January 31, 2018, 09:16PM »

Those airbags are very dangerous.  Don't drive anymore than absolutely necessary until it's fixed.  Personally, I would not drive it at all.
I  agree  with  Jim. 

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2898 on: January 31, 2018, 09:55PM »

the Toyota dealership calls and says "your car is subject to a recall for an exploding airbag"   HUH???  gotta take it in Fri. morning to have the hand grenade airbag replaced.
Those airbags are very dangerous.  Don't drive anymore than absolutely necessary until it's fixed.  Personally, I would not drive it at all.
I  agree  with  Jim.  
Yes, if it was my car it would go to the dealer on a tow truck.  If you have towing insurance it should be covered.  Ask your agent.  The car companies say DON'T DRIVE them.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:33PM by Jim M. » Logged
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2899 on: February 01, 2018, 05:20AM »

the Toyota dealership calls and says "your car is subject to a recall for an exploding airbag"   HUH???  gotta take it in Fri. morning to have the hand grenade airbag replaced.
Those airbags are very dangerous.  Don't drive anymore than absolutely necessary until it's fixed.  Personally, I would not drive it at all.
I  agree  with  Jim.  
Yes, if it was my car it would go to the dealer on a tow truck.  If you have towing insurance it should be covered.  Ask your agent.  The car companies say DON'T DRIVE them.

The service tech told me over the phone that it`s the PASSENGER side airbag so the only ones riding in the car are Sasha and Aruzhan from next door (to and from high school) and they always ride in the back seat. Going in tomorrow morning for a replacement. Been driving it for 8 years with this airbag.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2900 on: February 01, 2018, 10:48AM »

The service tech told me over the phone that it`s the PASSENGER side airbag so the only ones riding in the car are Sasha and Aruzhan from next door (to and from high school) and they always ride in the back seat. Going in tomorrow morning for a replacement. Been driving it for 8 years with this airbag.
While it is better that it is the passenger side airbag, when they explode they put out shrapnel that can leave the front passenger area, making anyone in the car vulnerable.
Most accidents happen with a few miles of home.  Do what you want but my advice stands.  I would have it towed.  Better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:53AM by Jim M. » Logged
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #2901 on: February 01, 2018, 06:50PM »

I hate it when I get in a pointless argument with someone I care about. Cry
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2902 on: February 02, 2018, 11:45AM »

While it is better that it is the passenger side airbag, when they explode they put out shrapnel that can leave the front passenger area, making anyone in the car vulnerable.
Most accidents happen with a few miles of home.  Do what you want but my advice stands.  I would have it towed.  Better safe than sorry.
Passenger side airbag replaced this morning....asked service adviser why the passenger side and not the drivers side as well? He said the passenger side was one of the defective Takata brand airbags and the drivers side was a different brand, not subject to recall. So the "Kazackh Kab Kompany" is go to go.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2903 on: February 02, 2018, 12:07PM »

Passenger side airbag replaced this morning...
Good!  Glad you got it replaced with no problems. Wink
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #2904 on: February 02, 2018, 06:41PM »

You get dry, chapped lips from the cold weather. Undecided
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2905 on: February 03, 2018, 06:40PM »

I get sick. Sad
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2906 on: February 04, 2018, 06:32AM »

You get dry, chapped lips from the cold weather. Undecided
   Same  here....     Tongue

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #2907 on: February 09, 2018, 05:33PM »

I got sick and just spent 5-1/2 days in the hospital (with NO internet)!  The doctor says I will get better.  We shall see. Wink
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2908 on: February 10, 2018, 12:01AM »

I got sick and just spent 5-1/2 days in the hospital (with NO internet)!  The doctor says I will get better.  We shall see. Wink
Glad  Y R  back  Jim.  was  wondering ....   Cool

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2909 on: February 10, 2018, 05:25AM »

I know the feeling having spent 7 straight weeks in the hospital...had internet but was too sick and weak to use it.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: