Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Cutie Race Car Thread  (Read 8167 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« on: June 29, 2012, 06:13PM »

I thought it would be fun to have imaginary races between our Celtic sweeties.   Someone can start the race with an imaginary or real racing venue, and we can all be "commentators"  on the race as it progresses.   

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 06:22PM »

Here is the line-up for the 1st Annual  Celtic Cutie Speedway Extravaganza.   In the first position is Meav in car #48  and Lisa K.  in car # 24.   In the 2cd position is  Is  Mairead in car # 8  and Lisa L. in car # 33.   In the 3rd position is Orla in car #99 and Susan in car # 12.  In the 4th position is Alex in car #2   and Lynn in car # 7.  In the 5th position is  Deirdre in car #00   and Hayley in car # 88.  And finally in the 6th position is Chloe in car #3.    Ladies... S-T-A-R-T  Y-O-U-R  E-N-G-I-N-E-S    And they're off.......      (next person can continue with this...) 

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 05:25AM »

Looks like Mairead in the #8 got a  good jump on the restart as it appears that Meav in the #48 spun the tires and at the first turn it`s the #8  as she pulls away with Lisa K. in the #24  right behind her and it`ll be the #8 that leads the first lap and gets that all important bonus point towards  the chase for the championship. Lisa L. in the 33 falls in line behind the #24 as the #48 is just getting back into line after spinning fer tires at the start.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 12:29PM »

What's this? ....The #8 car is taking a pit stop already.  L.Lambe in the 33 pulls ahead with Meav in the #48 making a recovery.  Meanwhile Orla and Deirdre have locked wheels while Chloe, Lisa K. and Alex battle for third...... Hayley  and lynn trail the field....

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 12:37PM »

The 38 crew give Mairead 4 sticker tires in a blistering 13.1 second stop....she`s going down pit road at the required 45 mph speed and rejoins the field. Meanwhile  the 48 is down on the apron ...looks like a right rear is down and the carcass is coming apart....CAUTION ON THE TRACK.....for debris in turn one as the 48 heads to pit road...will the others stop?...annnnnd....here they all come down pit road putting the #8 back at the front of the field since she already has 4 fresh Goodyears on the #8 Toyota.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 04:47PM »

The Meav car is not as bad as it looks. An expert pit crew gets it into shape in twenty seconds. She trails on the re-entering but at she's at least in the race. The caution is over and now the restart. Lisa K. leads the restart with Lynn and Alex making progress.  Deirdre and Hayley having trouble coming out of pit road.   Chloe is coming up hard behind Mairead.  Susan is pulling into second while L. Lambe is hot her bumper. 

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 05:43AM »

the Meav car after a lengthy 20 minute pit stop is one lap down but the first car in the " lucky dog" position. Looks like the Lisa K. car might have missed a shift on the restart and is stacking up the Lynn and Alex cars behind her. The Mairead car dives down to the apron to avoid them and gets around all 3 cars to re-assume the lead.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17PM »

Oops! It looks like the #8  car has sputtered out of gas already. Mairead is experiencing the ill  effects of an erratic crew chief who is having marital issues. There is another caution on the track which allows the #48 car  to regain some ground after the restart.  Deirdre in the #00 takes the lead for the first time with both Lisas hot on the trail.  Lynn and Chloe have now bumped each other out of position toward the back.  Alex is closing in on third.  Hayley is in the center of the pack, trying to make a move somehow. 

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 05:21PM »

the #8 makes it to pit road just as the caution waves for the #48 smoking on the backstretch....driver Meav  has just radioed in in an Irish accent " she dun blowed up" as there`s oil on the track from the blown engine on the #48...this will take a while to clean up. The #8 just made it in  just in time as pit road is closed.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 01:29PM »

Luckily, the Meav sponsors have deep pockets and already have a back-up vehicle  for her to use. She starts back in about a lap and a half down, but this new car has serious power.  Meanwhile, after the restart, the Lisa K. car has caught up with the Mairead car.  Hayley, Alex and Chloe are battling for third. The Susan car was a little slow coming off of pit road as was Lisa L.   The Orla and Deirdre cars are in the middle off the pack, trying to make a move.  Lynn is still having issues with her vehicle and is still on an extended stop. 

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 03:37PM »

Nascar rules do NOT allow a substiute car so Meav will have to wait till the next race. ALL Nascar race cars have to have  similar engines and body styles so Miss Meav will start the next race with a new car and the lovely Mairead wins this race and does a Polish victory lap.....can you tell I`m a MAJOR Nascar fan?Huh

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: