Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rich  (Read 16671 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: January 30, 2012, 10:51AM »

For those of you who haven't been over to Rich's Lisa forum in a bit, he posted the following a few days ago:

Quote from: OldFatGuy
It's pretty rare for Multiple Myeloma to metastasize, but it appears that mine has done so. I have a tumor in my right lung, and they're going to operate this Wednesday and remove the top portion of the lung. I've also had a constant headache, so they did a brain MRI to see if it's gotten there, too.

It seems that the progress of the disease has accelerated, which is to be expected. I've been in chemo for several years, so I'm kinda playing with house money.

I'm not worried or scared, and I'm completely at peace with whatever happens. I just wanted to let you all know that I may be MIA for a while. I have no intention of going anywhere for a while, so I do plan on coming back and sticking around after my hospital stay. Meanwhile, please carry on and have fun. That's what Lisa Love is all about.

Link: http://lisakellyfanclubforum.com/index.php?topic=1089.msg22441#msg22441

With Chris's permission, I'm going to post what has happened since then. He had to be readmitted to the hospital yesterday after a possible heart attack and this morning they discovered that he is bleeding in his brain. They don't currently know what caused the bleed or what they can do to fix it. It's tests and waiting at this point.

If you all would be wiling to send your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes towards his hospital room today, I know it would be greatly appreciated.

If you'd like to post a message on the forum to Rich, you can do so here: http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=17371.0. I'll coordinate with Chris and see if we can get them to him while he's in the hospital.

And, while this in no way shape or form how any of the three of us wanted this announcement to take place, Rich let me know a few months ago that he was stepping down as admin of the CWF in part because of his health and in part because he just felt it was time. He kindly left the timing of the announcement up to me, and I've dragged it out as long as I could because I really can't imagine doing this without him but it seems life has taken the decision from me. Rich will still be around, he's not leaving the forum or anything, but he will no longer be an admin or mod. He has agreed to take on some of the things he's always done like tour buttons (which it was pointed out to me recently I completely forgot about this time around) and helping to plot forum fests. Once he is back up on his feet and we can wrangle down a definition we'll give you all more info on that.

As I'm sure you all have noticed, Kim Rickman (tiburongirl) has been an admin for the last few months. Kim is a phenomenal web designer and has done work for churches, politicians, and a whole host of others in everything from html to Flash. She's also an accomplished musician holding a degree in trumpet and having taught violin and other stringed instruments for several years. There is also the roomer floating around that she wrote a masters thesis over Bach's music for the church. She also happens to be a good friend and she has agreed to take on the forum with me full time for which I am exceedingly grateful.

I know that this is probably not what any of you were expecting to read on the forum today, it wasn't what I was expecting to write. Rich has been an invaluable friend and ally and for four years he and I worked to make this a place any CW fan could come and share the love. I know he wasn't always the most... politic admin ever, but he always tried to do his best for this community that he loves so much and I hope it is a legacy Kim and I are able to carry on.

Lindsey
tiburongirl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:08PM »

Thanks Lindsey for those kinds words.  I second that this is not how I wanted to become admin.  I am sadden by the news of Rich's condition and I have been in contact with Chris and have told him that he and Rich are in my thoughts and prayers.  For those who don't know me, I've been a member of the forum for several years.  I actually started out a member at the old Lisa Kelly forum before coming over here and over the years, I have made many dear friends through our shared love of Celtic Woman.  I will endeavor to keep up the caliber of work that Lindsey and Rich has done with the forum and I'm looking forward to what the future holds. 

Again, please keep Rich and Chris in your thoughts and prayers. 

Kim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: