Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 574   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck in your head  (Read 1548075 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: July 14, 2007, 04:30PM »

Okay, you're not actually listening to music right now.  But there's a song stuck in your head, and it just keeps repeating over and over.  What song, and who is it performed by?  (I was just listening to Lisa's CD, and I have SMAS on perpetual repeat right now.  Grin )

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
fireyred09
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 04:31PM »

Newry Boat Song (Méav) and some song by Nickelback.
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 04:35PM »

Abide with Me and Sonny - The Incomparable Hayley Westenra.

Chris

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 05:01PM »

*dark-haired girl* ALWAYS! LOVE IT! btw.. its by Meav lol

<3 Lauren

<3
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 05:07PM »

Dulaman, by Meav!  And the funny thing is...a coworker and I carpool to work together.  On the days I drive she's "forced" to listen to a long stream of CW music.  She admitted the other day that whenever she's out watering the garden Dulaman pops into her head too.  Maybe Meav will have another convert slowly, but surely.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 09:45PM »

Dulaman too! All the time!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:08PM by CelticFan06 » Logged

Thanks Lindsey
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 10:35PM »

The Soft Goodbye - especially when I see the sunset. 

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 10:43PM »

I know him so well from Chess.  I know it's not CW but I can't get it out of my head.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Edgeman

Something something something darkside...

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 11:09PM »

I have the City of Flickering Destruction stuck in my head most of the time, its off the Legend of Mana OST. Great game and soundtrack.

James
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 11:58PM »

On the way home today I was listening Dulaman in my car over and over again and somehow when I got out..Mo Ghile Mear was stuck in my head...it hasn't stop since... Roll Eyes

ferngully
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 02:48AM »

anything from the musical wicked right now. can't stop listening to 'defying gravity' and 'as long as you're mine' atm
Maggie
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 03:37AM »

Abide with Me and Sonny - The Incomparable Hayley Westenra. Chris

Can anybody watch the following without tears in their eyes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwB22tnl7Fc

The singing of Henry Lyte's famous hymn "Abide With Me" has been part of FA Cup Final tradition since 1927. (This is the soccer final played every year in Wembley Stadium, London)
That year's Final between Arsenal and Cardiff City was only the fifth at what was then the "new" Wembley Stadium. King George V and Queen Mary attended in those days and "Abide With Me" was known to be one of their favourite hymns. FA secretary Sir Frederick Wall arranged for it to be included on the songsheet.

It was the year in which community singing was introduced into the pre-match programme.
The melancholy words to "Abide With Me" were written by Henry Francis Lyte, a Devon vicar, in 1847. He completed them on the same day as he delivered his last sermon at the "All Saints" parish church in Brixham. Three weeks later, then in his mid-50s, he died of tuberculosis.

The hymn has become part of the ritual of Cup Final Day. Its deep, stirring sound seems to knit together different loyalties and backgrounds, providing a moment of unity before the battle to come.

"Hold now your cross before my closing eyes,
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies,
Heaven's morning breaks and earth's vain shadows flee,
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me."

And here, in keeping with that tradition, is the hymn which is an annual tradition before FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium, usually sung by the crowd. This time they had a little (unnecessary) help from Sarah Brightman and Lesley Garrett:

http://www.videosear.ch/watch/3405905290/sarah-brightman-lesley-garret-abide-with-me/
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 04:25AM »

For me it is either Send Me a Song or The Soft Goodbye. I'm just a sucker for them both. It also helps that Lisa sings them both. Wink

Où est le lait de soja?
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 10:56AM »

I have a cross between Someone Else's Story from Chess and Suite:  Judy Blue Eyes by CSN stuck in my head....

(there's a mix...)....
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 02:27PM »

as of right now..... Lift the Wings and Home and the Heartland

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 574   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: